These apple soap tarts will make you think of home and the smell of an apple pie fresh out of the oven. These would be a great seller at fall craft shows or added to your fall product line.
Wholesale Supplies Plus is not responsible for the products you create from our supplies.
You alone are responsible for product and recipe testing to ensure compatibility and safety.
Project Level: Moderate
Estimated Time: 1 Hour
Yield: 6 Tarts
• 32.0 oz. Premium Honey MP Soap Base - 2 lb Tray
• 6.5 oz. Oat Scrub
• 6.0 oz. Premium Oatmeal MP Soap Base - 2 lb Tray
• 2.5 oz. Brown Sugar - Raw Demerara Crystals
• 1.0 oz. Apple Brown Sugar Fragrance Oil 970
• 1.0 oz. Vanilla Color Stabilizer - MP Soap
• 1 .15 ml Scoop Hammered Copper Kettle Mica Powder
• 1 Piece(s) Pie Mini Silicone Mold
• 2 Glass Measuring Cup (16 oz.)
• Cutting Mat
• Food Processor
• Mixing Spoon
• Measuring Spoons
• Rubbing Alcohol for spritzing
• Plastic Wrap
• Straight Soap Cutter
• Beaker - Natural Polypropylene
• Scale - Digital Display (Professional)
• 2 Piece(s) Scoop - 0.15 ml (Micro Size)
INCI Ingredient Label: Sorbitol, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Stearic Acid, Oatmeal, Water, Sodium Hydroxide, Brown Sugar, Myristic Acid, Lauric Acid, Honey, Fragrance, Mica, Iron Oxide.
NOTE: If you are making these products for sale, good manufacturing practices recommend you wear a hairnet, gloves and a mask. We also recommend a clean apron.
- Apple Chunks: Mix 0.50 oz. Apple Brown Sugar Fragrance Oil with 0.50 oz. Vanilla Color Stabilizer-MP Soap and set aside.
- Add 15 oz. cut up Honey MP Soap to glass measuring cup and heat in microwave until melted.
- Add fragrance mixture to melted soap and stir.
- Add (1) 0.15 ml scoops of Hammered Copper Kettle Mica Powder and mix into soap. Pour into empty 2 lb. plastic tray from Honey Soap. When hardened, remove and cut up into small chunks. Set aside.
- Bottom Crust: Place 4 oz. of Oat Scrub into food processor and chop until almost powder.
- Melt 6 oz. Oatmeal Soap and add 5 Tbsp. chopped oat scrub. Mix well.
Pour 1.10 oz. into each tart mold. Let harden.
- To each pie tart, add 2.5 oz. "apple chunks" from Step 4.
- Mix 0.50 oz. fragrance oil with 0.50 oz. stabilizer and set aside.
- Cut up remaining honey soap (17 oz.) and add to glass measuring cup. Heat in microwave until melted.
- Stir in fragrance mixture.
- Spritz tops of apple pieces with rubbing alcohol and pour just enough soap to cover apples in each tart mold. Set remaining soap aside.
- Topping: Mix remaining chopped Oat Scrub with 2.5 oz. Brown Sugar. Sprinkle evenly over each soap tart.
- Melt remaining soap from Step 11 and drizzle over topping to set oatmeal in place.
- When hardened, remove from silicone tart molds and wrap in plastic wrap or other air tight packaging.
- Label product accordingly.
Lather with water onto skin. Rinse off. Avoid contact with eyes.