Toasted Marshmallow Sugar Scrub Recipe
Project Level: Moderate
Estimated Time: 1 Hour
Yield: 8 Jars
This delicious smelling fall scrub will transport you to a cozy fall night roasting marshmallows and making s’mores around a campfire. Foamy and luxurious with just the right amount of scrub, this sugar scrub is a great addition to your fall product line.
• 33.75 oz. Sugar - White Granulated Sugar
• 16.0 oz. Foaming Bath Whip
• 10.0 oz. Premium Extra Clear MP Soap Base - 2 lb Tray
• 1.0 oz. Glycerin - Natural
• 1.0 oz. Campfire S'mores Fragrance Oil 962
• 1.0 oz. Vanilla Color Stabilizer - MP Soap
• 1/8 Teaspoon(s) Egyptian Bronze Mica Powder
• 0.60 oz. Matte Brown Oxide Pigment Powder
• 1/8 Teaspoon(s) Iridescent Super Sparkle Glitter
• 8 Piece(s) 8 oz Clear Basic Plastic Jar - 70/400
• 8 Piece(s) 70/400 White Straight Top Cap - F217 Liner
• 2 Piece(s) Powder Spray Set - 14 ml (Fine Mist)
• 0.50 oz. Shimmering Dark Gold Mica Powder
• Scale - Digital Display (Professional)
• Stand Mixer or Hand Mixer
• Hand Mixer
• Large Mixing Bowl
• Microwave-Safe Measuring Cup
• 3 Spatulas
• 3 Bowls
• Beaker - Natural Polypropylene
• Piping Bags with Decorator Tips
INCI Ingredient Label: Sucrose, Glycerin, Water, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Sorbitol, Propylene Glycol, Disodium Lauryl Sulfosuccinate, Stearic Acid, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Myristic Acid, Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Chloride, Fragrance, Diazolidinyl Urea (and) Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Fluorphlogopite, Iron Oxide, Polyethylene Terephthalate, Acrylates Copolymer, Titanium Dioxide.
NOTE: If you are making these products for sale, good manufacturing practices recommend you wear a hairnet, gloves, and a mask. We also recommend a clean apron and workspace.
- Add cut up clear soap to a microwave safe measuring cup. Heat in microwave in 30 second bursts until melted.
- Add glycerin to melted soap.
- Add soap to stand mixer bowl and mix using paddle attachment. (If stand mixer is not available, mix with hand mixer, for about 2-3 minutes.)
- Turn off mixer and add Foaming Bath Whip.
- Mix for 1 to 2 minutes until mixture looks like marshmallow cream.
- Turn mixer to medium speed and add one cup of sugar every 15 seconds until all sugar is added.
- In plastic beaker, mix fragrance oil and Vanilla Color Stabilizer. Stir and let sit for 2 minutes.
- Add fragrance mixture to whipped soap and mix to incorporate.
- Divide whipped soap evenly among three bowls.
- Add a separate mica powder to each bowl - 1/8 tsp. Egyptian Bronze, 1/8 tsp. Matte Brown Oxide and 1/8 tsp. Iridescent Super Sparkle Glitter. Mix well to incorporate color.
- Place mixture in jars in the following order: Egyptian Bronze colored scrub, Matte Brown colored scrub, Super Sparkle Glitter scrub. (TIP: Using three piping bags (or plastic bags with the tip cut off) can help you get even layers for this step.)
- Fill the Powder Spray Set with Shimmering Dark Gold Mica Powder.
- Spray the top of the scrub in each jar with mica powder.
- Repeat steps 12 and 13 with Matte Brown Oxide Pigment.
- Place lids on jars.
- Label product accordingly.
To Use: Massage scrub into wet skin. Rinse off with warm water.
Wholesale Supplies Plus is not responsible for the products you create
from our supplies. You alone are responsible for product and recipe
testing to ensure compatibility and safety.