MP Soap: Hearts & Clovers
Estimated Time: Under 12 Hours
Yields: (24) Slices of Soap
This recipe shows you how to make 2 different GREAT spring soaps!!
INCI Ingredient Label: (Heart Soap) Propylene Glycol, Sorbitol, Glycerin, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Stearate, Sodium Myristate, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Triethanolamine, Water, Red 30, Red 40, Fragrance. (Clover Soap) Propylene Glycol, Sorbitol, Glycerin, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Stearate, Sodium Myristate, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Triethanolamine, Water, Chromium Oxide Green, Fragrance.
Crafter's Choice Ultra White Soap Base
Crafter's Choice Extra Clear Soap Base
Crafters Choice™ Stained Glass Santa Red Soap Color Bar
Crafters Choice™ Matte Woodland Green Soap Color Bar
Crafter's Choice Strawberries & Champagne Fragrance
Crafter's Choice Double Mint Fragrance
Assorted Hearts Tube Mold
Rectangle Silicone Loaf Mold
Glass Bowl/Cup - Microwave Safe (2)
Spray Bottle of Rubbing Alcohol
- NOTE: If you are making these products for sale, good manufacturing practices recommend you wear a hairnet, gloves and a mask. We also recommend a clean apron.
- Using a soap cutter (not a sharp knife), carefully cut white and clear soap soap into 1-2" cubes. Place back into trays for future use.
- Slowly melt 1 lb of clear soap in the microwave.
- While soap is melting, cut 1/4 to 1/2 a green color cube from the soap color block. Do the same with the red soap color block.
- When soap is fully melted, remove from the microwave and divide it into two cups. Add 7.5 ml of mint fragrance to one cup of soap. Add 7.5 ml of strawberry fragrance to the second cup of soap. Mix well. Note: 7.5 ml is about 1/4 ounce.
- Add the green color to mint cup of soap and mix until it melts and mixes into the soap. Do the same with the red colored soap (using the strawberry scent).
- Place the silicone mold on a sturdy surface that can be moved (such as cookie tray). This will allow you to move the mold while the soap is cooling.
- Pour the green soap into the small heart cavities of the tube mold.
- Pour the red soap into 2 of the large heart cavity of the tube mold.
- If you have extra colored soap, hang onto it. It is good to add to the white soap going into the loaf. Sometimes this adds a slight tint to the loaf color and makes a great compliment to your design!
- Allow soap to cool and return to room temperature. Approximately 2 hours. You may speed this process by placing the mold and soap in the refrigerator.
- Once your soap tubes have been unmolded, take 4 of the hearts and stand them up straight to form a clover.
- Melt 1 oz of clear soap until barely melted. You are going to use the soap as "glue" to hold the hearts into the clover shape. You can paint the soap onto the hearts or pour it down the middle. Using your hands hold the hearts in position until the clear soap has hardened.
- Heat 1 pound of white soap in microwave.
- When fully melted add 15 ml of mint fragrance to the soap and mix well. Note: 15 ml is about 1 Tablespoon.
- Pour the soap into the rectangle loaf and allow it to cool to 130º F.
- Using rubbing alcohol, apply a mist of rubbing alcohol on 4 of the unmolded green hearts.
- Set them in the loaf so that they form a clover.
- Unmold any extra green hearts and cut them length wide to make long shapes. These will be decorate accents around the clover.
- Allow the white soap to harden to room temperature.
- Melt 1 1/2 pounds of white soap in the microwae.
- Add 22 ml of mint fragrance. Mix well. Note 22 ml of fragrance is approximately 3/4 oz.
- When the white soap reaches 130º F, spritz the exposed clover pieces with rubbing alcohol and pour the white soap into the loaf. It is best to slowly pour into the corner of the loaf and allow the loaf to fill slowly. This helps release any trapped air bubbles.
- Allow the soap to cool for 4 hours and slice into 8 slices. Wrap with plastic wrap and label according to FDA Cosmetic Labeling Guidelines.
- To make the heart loaf, follow the above steps but use the red color and strawberry fragrance.
- Contents of this recipe will allow you to make 1 additional loaf of your choice.
Wholesale Supplies Plus is not responsible for the products you create
from our supplies. You alone are responsible for product and recipe
testing to ensure compatibility and safety.
• Retail $6.95