- NOTE: If you are making these products for sale, good manufacturing practices recommend you wear a hairnet, gloves and a mask. We also recommend a clean apron.
- In this recipe, we give you directions to make the soap pictured. You can choose any color combination to make your own unique loaf soap.
- In beaker or small bowl, mix 1/4 tsp. of each powdered color with approx. 1 oz. of glycerin. Stir powder into glycerin to get it wet before turning on mixer.
- Using mini-mixer or frother, blend colors into liquid.
- Weigh and cut up 16 oz. Shea Butter MP soap base. Place in glass measuring cup.
- Heat in microwave until soap has completely melted - approx 1 minute. Remove from oven and stir. If any pieces of soap undissolved, heat in 20 second increments.
- Divide melted soap into 4 separate cups. Add color to each and stir. Save some of the Cobalt Blue and Tutti Frutti. These will be blended together to make the outer purple heart.
- Place Hearts & Lips Mini silicone mold on cookie sheet. This makes it easier to move mold once soap is poured.
- Pour colored & white soap to fill all 16 small heart cavities. You will need to pour soap multiple times to make enough hearts (Final total 28 Small heart tubes). Fill cavities in color pairs to make a uniform loaf. (NOTE: 2 hearts placed end-to-end will fit the length of the larger heart mold).
- Place soap mold/cookie sheet in freezer to speed up process of soap hardening. Remove in about 10-15 minutes.
- Let soap sit at room temperature for about 5 minutes before unmolding. Gently press on bottom of cavity and soap will release from sides. Push soap out until you can grasp enough soap to pull out of cavity.
- Pour remaining colors soap into small heart cavities. You should end with 28 small heart tubes total. Save a little bit of colored soap to use once you have unmolded hearts. This is explained in next step.
- Connect small tube heart soaps by dipping one end in heated soap of the same color. Hold the dipped ends of 2 heart tubes together until the soap solidifies. This binds them into one long tube - the correct length to embed in larger heart tube mold. In total you will need 14 double long tubes.
- Melt 8 oz Shea Butter MP. In separate bowl Blend in Cobalt Blue/Glycerin Mixture and Tutti Frutti/Glycerin Mixture until you reach the shade of purple you desire. Add new blended color to melted soap.
- Set aside 2 sets of 7 connected small heart tubes to embed in larger heart tube mold. Place Hearts (Assorted) Silicone Tube Mold on a cookie sheet.
- Pour small amount of soap into large heart - about 1/3 full. Spritzing heart soaps first with alcohol, place different colored hearts into cavity, 7 tubes will fit.
- Fill cavity with purple soap, moving hearts around as you pour so that the soap completely surrounds each tube. It is important to avoid creating air pockets.
- Using a wooden dowel, stick down into freshly poured soap to release any air pockets. Try to get around each small heart. Some soap may spill over the top of the mold. Simply pour more soap to fill to top.
- Repeat this with another large heart cavity. You will need 2 large hearts put end to end to fit into the silicone loaf mold. Allow both tubes to harden, carefully remove from mold.
- Cut up 32 oz. (or a full 2-lb. tray) of Shea Butter MP Soap. Place in large glass measuring cup and heat in microwave until melted.
- When completely melted, add 1 oz. or 2 Tbsp. of Crafter's Choice P.S. I Love You fragrance oil. Blend in well.
- Place Silicone Loaf Mold on cookie sheet. Pour melted soap into bottom - about 1/4 inch. Let soap harden.
- Spritz top of soap with alcohol and pour more shea butter soap into loaf until about half full.
- Spritz one heart generously with alcohol and place down into soap, centering in the middle of loaf. Hold in place if it starts to fall over. Embed second heart end to end with first. Both heart tubes should be centered down the length of the loaf.
- Spritz with alcohol and pour remaining soap into mold. Spritz again when finished.
- Let soap completely harden. Then remove from mold, place in mitre box, if available, and cut into slices.
- Wrap soap and label accordingly.
Wholesale Supplies Plus is not responsible for the products you create
from our supplies. You alone are responsible for product and recipe
testing to ensure compatibility and safety.