- NOTE: If you are making these products for sale, good manufacturing practices recommend you wear a hairnet, gloves and a mask. We also recommend a clean apron.
- To make Soap Swirls:
- In 4 plastic beakers, pour 1 oz. of glycerin in each. Add 1/4 tsp. of each neon powder dye.
- Blend dry powder into glycerin by hand and then use mini-mixer to blend powder thoroughly into glycerin. Set colors aside.
- Using white soap, weigh 2 oz and place in glass measuring cup. Heat in microwave until melted.
- Place loaf mold on cookie sheet for stability.
- Add yellow glycerin mixture to soap and mix well. Pour into bottom of loaf mold and spritz with alcohol.
- When soap has hardened, melt another 2 oz of white soap. Add purple glycerin mixture until desired shade is achieved.
- Spritz yellow soap well with alcohol. Be sure soap temperature is at or below 125 degrees. Pour purple over yellow layer. Spritz again. Let harden.
- Melt 2 oz of white soap. Do not add color. Add 1 Tablespoon of glycerin to keep layer supple.
- Spritz purple layer generously with alcohol. Pour white over purple layer when temperature is at 125 degrees. Spritz again.
- Follow above steps with green and pink colors. Be sure to spritz well between each layer.
- When soap has completely hardened, carefully remove from mold.
- With a soap cutter, slice very thin layers of the soap. Taking one slice, wrap around a pencil to create a corkscrew. Continue until you have 60 corkscrews. We filled each cavity with 6 corkscrews.
- Place soap pop mold on cookie sheet for stability. Place 3 corkscrews into bottom of first cavity using a pencil to position them.
- Then, put a second layer of corkscrews on top of the first. Continue until all cavities are filled.
- Remove entire 2# of clear soap from plastic tray. Cut up into 1-2" cubes. Place in large glass measuring cup.
- Heat soap in microwave until melted. Remove and stir to dissolve any slivers of soap that remain.
- In plastic beaker, pour 1 oz of fragrance oil. Since this fragrance has 5% vanilla content, you will need to add .5 oz of Vanilla Color Stabilizer to fragrance. Mix well and let set for 2 minutes.
- To clear melted soap, add 2-3 drops of strawberry red liquid dye. Add fragrace oil mixture and mix well.
- Spritz soap inside of each cavity before pouring clear soap.
- Carefully pour soap into each cavity. Be sure to pour around each soap curl so they are completely surrounded with clear soap. You can use a pencil to gently move curls away from sides so the soap completely surrounds the sides. Spritz tops with alcohol when finished.
- Place top of soap pop mold over soaps and insert sticks.
- To unmold: Gently pull sides away from soap. From the bottom, gently push on soap. You will see the silicone start to release from soap. DO NOT PULL ON STICK. Continue to gently push until you can grab the soap to pull it all the way out of mold. Unmolding will take some time and patience.
- After unmolding, please in cello bag and attach twist ties.
- Repeat to make second set of 10 soap pops.
Wholesale Supplies Plus is not responsible for the products you create
from our supplies. You alone are responsible for product and recipe
testing to ensure compatibility and safety.