Project Level: Easy
Estimated Time: 1/2 Hour
Yields: (3) 8oz. Candle
Light the wick and let the candle form a nice melt pool. Blow out the wick. Pour the warm, melted wax over your skin and feel the butters and oils soak in and moisturize.
INCI Ingredient Label: Glycine Soja (Soy) Wax, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Cannabis Sativa Seed Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Fragrance, Tocopherol
Crafter's Choice EcoSoya CB 135 Wax
Crafter's Choice Coconut 76 Oil
Crafter's Choice Hemp Seed Oil Refined
Crafter's Choice Avocado Oil
Crafter's Choice Jojoba Oil Clear
Crafter's Choice Vitamin E-Natural
Crafter's Choice Mango Tango Twist Fragrance Oil
Crafter's Choice 8 oz. Silver Deep Tin
Crafter's Choice CD-10 Wicks
Crafter's Choice Candle Warning Labels-2" (CW2)
Wax Melter or Double Boiler
- Prepare work space to make candles. Cover work area to protect countertop.
- Prepare tins by fastening wick to bottom. For this step, you will need a drinking straw that has been cut in half (about 5.5") and a hot glue gun.
- Take the wick and thread through the drinking straw. Holding the wick in one hand, place a large drop of hot glue on the bottom of the tab and place the straw/wick down into the tin. Hold until set, then remove straw.
- On digital scale, weigh soy wax and place in wax melter or double boiler. Heat wax until melted and temperature reaches 150 degrees. Remove from heat.
- Weigh remaining ingredients and set aside.
- Add coconut 76 oil to melted wax. Gently stir until it is melted. We have found that a wooden shish-ka-bob skewer works well for mixing wax and can then can be thrown away.
- Add hemp, avocado and jojoba oils. Gently mix together.
- Lastly, add Vitamin E and fragrance oil. Mix well. (Be sure to use a skin-safe fragrance when making this candle.)
- Pour liquid into tins. Place popsicle sticks on either side of wick to hold straight until wax hardens.
- Once lotion candle has completely solidified, trim wick and place lid on. Label product and fasten warning label to bottom of tin.
- TO USE: If using as a lotion, light wick and burn until small pool of liquid forms. Gently blow out frame. Pour warm liquid into palm of hand and spread onto skin. OR, spread onto skin and gently massage.
- To Use As A Candle, light wick and enjoy the fragrance. After 2 hours, extinguish flame and trim wick before re-lighting.
- IF MAKING KIT: Soy Wax: 57.6 oz, Coconut 76: 14.40 oz, Hemp Oil: 11.52 oz, Avocado Oil: .48 oz, Jojoba Oil: 8.0 oz, Vitamin E: .48 oz., Fragrance: 1.92 oz.
Wholesale Supplies Plus is not responsible for the products you create
from our supplies. You alone are responsible for product and recipe
testing to ensure compatibility and safety.