MP Soap: Iced Tea Loaf
Project Level: Advanced
Estimated Time: Under 6 Hours
Yields: 44 oz Loaf (8-1" slices)
Perfect summer soap for a hot summer day. The Iced Tea Twist fragrance smells so refreshing you will want to pour a glass of iced tea for yourself!
INCI Ingredient Label: Sorbitol, Propylene Glycol, Water, Sodium Stearate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Myristate, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Glycerin, Triethanolamine,Fragrance,Titanium Dioxide,Polyester-3, Yellow 7,Iron Oxides
Crafter's Choice Ultra White MP Soap Base
Crafter's Choice Crystal Clear MP Soap
Crafter's Choice Glycerin - Natural
Crafter's Choice Neon Laser Lemon Dye Powder
Crafter's Choice Matte Brown Powder Pigment
Crafter's Choice Lemon Essential Oil
Crafter's Choice Iced Tea Twist Fragrance Oil
Crafter's Choice Round-Guest-Silicone Mold 1607
Crafter's Choice Loaf-Regular-Silicone Mold 1501
Large and Small Glass Measuring Cups
Microwave or Double Boiler
Mini-Mixer or Frother
Plastic Beakers - 2
Spray Bottle with alcohol(for spritzing)
- NOTE: If you are making these products for sale, good manufacturing practices recommend you wear a hairnet, gloves and a mask. We also recommend a clean apron.
- To Make Lemons:
- In small glass or plastic beaker, mix 1 oz. of glycerin with 1/4 teaspoon of Neon Laser Lemon dye powder. Mix well with mini-mixer or frother.
- Weigh 2 oz. of Ultra White soap base and place in glass measuring cup. Heat soap in microwave until it has melted.
- Add color mixture to melted soap until desired shade is reached. Stir well. Pour into bottom of loaf mold. Spritz with alcohol to dissolve surface bubbles. Allow to set up.
- Once soap has set, carefully remove from mold. Cut into strips that are 5.5" long and 3/4" wide. These will be the rind and peel of the lemons slices.
- Repeat above steps to make more strips. You will need enough for 6 lemons.
- Melt about 2 oz. of Extra Clear soap base in microwave.
- Taking the Round-Guest-Silicone mold, working one cavity at a time, pour just enough clear soap to cover the bottom.
- Working quickly, take one lemon rind strip and spritz an edge of the strip with alcohol. Place the strip (alcohol-side down) into the melted clear soap, lining the circumference of the cavity with it. Spritz again with alcohol.
- Repeat this step with remaining 5 soap cavities.
- Melt remaining 9 oz. of clear soap. Add liquid yellow color that was previously mixed and blend well into soap.
- Add 2.5 ml. of Lemon Essential oil and mix. Spritz inside of each cavity and pour melted yellow soap into each. Spritz tops of each to release air bubbles. Allow to set.
- Once lemons have set up, remove from molds. Cut each slice in half diagonally. Taking one half, stand on end (flat side down) and slice into thirds. Repeat with other half.
- Continue until all lemons have been cut into 6 slices. You should have 36 lemon slices when finished.
- To Make Ice Cubes:
- Cut up 16 oz. of extra clear MP soap and place in glass measuring cup. Add .5 oz. of white soap to measuring cup. Heat together in microwave until melted.
- Add .5 oz. of Iced Tea Twist fragrance oil and mix well.
- Pour into Large Loaf Silicone Mold and spritz top of soap with alcohol. Set aside to set up.
- Once soap has completely hardened, carefully remove from mold. Cut soap up into small cubes - about .75" squares. Set "ice cubes" aside.
- Weigh and cup up 30 oz. of clear soap. Heat in microwave until melted.
- In small glass or plastic beaker, mix 1 oz. glycerin with 1/4 teaspoon of Matte Brown Oxide Pigment Powder. Mix well with mini-mixer or frother.
- To melted clear soap, add just enough brown color to look like iced tea. Add 1 oz. of Iced Tea Twist fragrance oil and mix well.
- Into bottom of Large Loaf Mold, pour enough brown soap to cover bottom and spritz with alcohol.
- Taking 1-2 handfuls of ice cubes, generously spritz with alcohol and place into mold, Add a few lemon slices, strategically placing into loaf so they will look like lemon slices when sliced.
- Try to place so there wil be a lemon slice in each slice of soap. If using mitre box, slices would be about 1 inch thick.
- Spritz top generously with alcohol. Pour more brown soap, adding ice cubes and lemon slices until entire loaf is filled. Be sure to spritz all soap embeds before adding.
- Try to place some lemon slices sticking out of top of loaf. Spritz top again and let set up.
- Remove hardened soap from mold. Using mitre box, if available, slice soap with soap cutter. Should yield approx. 8 - 1" soap slices.
- Wrap soap tightly with plastic wrap or shrink bags.
Wholesale Supplies Plus is not responsible for the products you create
from our supplies. You alone are responsible for product and recipe
testing to ensure compatibility and safety.
Buy This Recipe As A Kit