MP Soap: Lemon Sugar Soap
Project Level: Beginner
Estimated Time: 1 Hour
Yields: Approx. (16) 4 oz Bars of Soap
This soap looks like it was difficult to make but is actually very easy. This is a great soap for selling at craft shows because the clamshells make for a stylish and easy packaging idea. Just put the back on, label and you are ready to sell. The use of a clamshell allows for safe shipping and eliminates labor associated with packaging. Check out our "Starter Kit" of supplies. It includes all of the items needed to make this product and has FREE Shipping!
INCI Ingredient Label: Propylene Glycol, Sorbitol, Glycerin, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Stearate, Sodium Myristate, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Fragrance, Triethanolamine, Water, Titanium Dioxide, Yellow 5, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, EDTA.
Crafter's Choice Ultra White Soap Base
Crafter's Choice Extra Clear Soap Base
Crafter's Choice Lemon Sugar Fragrance Oil
Crafter's Choice Stained Glass Lemon Yellow Soap Color Bar
Crafter's Choice Vanilla Color Stabilizer
Crafter's Choice Rectangle Clamshells
Pyrex or Microwave Safe Cup (16 - 32 oz)
Rubbing Alcohol with Fine Mist Sprayer
Our Recommended Product Selling Price:
- NOTE: If you are making these products for sale, good manufacturing practices recommend you wear a hairnet, gloves and a mask. We also recommend a clean apron.
- Using a soap slicer, cut clear soap into 1-2 inch pieces. The soap slicer is dull and perfect for this project. Do not use a knife as it is very sharp and the soap is slippery. The knife could slip causing injury.
- Place 8 oz of clear soap in a glass measuring cup. Place in microwave and heat for 30 seconds. Stir well. Repeat until soap is completely melted.
- Cut a small piece of yellow color from the color bar. Place into soap and stir. The color bar will melt as you are stirring. Depending on your preference, you can add more color.
- Set the small cup on a flat surface. Using a dropper add 7 ml's of fragrance oil to the cup and add 7 ml's of vanilla color stabilizer to the cup. Stir thoroughly.
- Immediately pour the yellow soap into a clamshell until it is 1/2 full. The 8 ounces of soap you are working with should fill 4 clamshells 1/2 full.
- Using a soap cutter, carefully cut white soap into 1" cubes.
- When colored clear soap has cooled to 130ºF, hold the soap cubes in your hand and apply a spray of rubbing alcohol. Be generous! It is the rubbing alcohol that allows the white and clear soap to adhere to each other.
- Place cubes of soap into bar. Add enough cubes so that bar is completely full.
- Spritz top of soap with rubbing alcohol. (This will pop bubbles and give a smooth surface to the soap)
- Allow soap to naturally re-harden. Apply clamshell lid.
- If you are sellling your soap, don't forget to label the soap to complete the package. Label according to FDA cosmetic label guidelines.
• Retail $6.95
Wholesale Supplies Plus is not responsible for the products you create
from our supplies. You alone are responsible for product and recipe
testing to ensure compatibility and safety.