RECIPE: Basic Foaming Hand Soap
Get started making foaming hand soap with this simple recipe! In this recipe we use Crafter's Choice® Creamy Hand & Body Wash for Foamer Bottles as our base. This product is comparable to foaming hand washes you may find in your favorite retail stores. We enhance the base with one of our favorite fragrances, Goji Berry Bliss, and add a few drops of red color. Use this recipe as is or change it to your preference with your favorite fragrance and matching color. For fragrance, choose one without vanilla content and and an IFRA maximum of 1% or greater and for color, choose a stained glass liquid color. There are numerous fragrance and color combinations, and we have not tested all combinations. Be advised that some fragrances may not yield positive results.
Project Level: Easy
Estimated Time: 1/2 Hour
Yield: (2) 8.15 oz. Bottles
INCI Ingredient Label: Water, Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate, Ammonium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamphodiacetate, Cocamide MEA, PEG-80 Glyceryl Cocoate, Aloe Barbadensis, Quaternium-15, Wheat Germ Amino Acids, Citric Acid, Tocopheryl Acetate, Dimethicone, Propylene Glycol, Tetrasodium EDTA, Fragrance, Red 33, Red 40.
NOTE: If you are making these products for sale, good manufacturing practices recommend you wear a hairnet, gloves and a mask. We also recommend a clean apron.
- Prepare for the project. Create a safe workplace that is clean and secluded from small children and pets.
- Empty a one-pound bottle of Crafter's Choice® Creamy Hand & Body Wash for Foamer Bottles into a measuring cup.
- Microwave the measuring cup with the base for thirty-seconds.
- Add 0.15 ounces of Goji Berry Bliss Fragrance Oil to one of the beakers.
- Add 0.60 ounces of FO & EO Modifier to the second beaker.
- Pour the modifier into the fragrance and mix well with the small spoon.
- Add the fragrance mixed to the warmed base and stir.
- Add 5 drops of Stained Glass Santa Red Liquid Color and mix with a spatula until the color is evenly distributed.
- Fill each bottle with 8.15 ounces of foaming hand wash using the scale to measure accurately. (The bottles will be filled short of the top, which is important for the foamer tops to function properly.)
- Allow the foaming hand wash to cool.
- Twist on the foamer pump tops.
- (Optional) Finish by adding a cosmetic label to your product. Include the product name, directions for proper use, ingredients listed in descending order of predominance, your name or business name, contact information and net quantity of contents.
Wholesale Supplies Plus is not responsible for the products you create
from our supplies. You alone are responsible for product and recipe
testing to ensure compatibility and safety.