- NOTE: If you are making these products for sale, good manufacturing practices recommend you wear a hairnet, gloves and a mask. We also recommend a clean apron.
- Press all lip tubes into the lip tube filling tray.
- Spoon the Lip Balm Base for Sticks into a microwaveable measuring cup with pouring spout.
- Heat in the microwave in thirty-second increments until completely melted.
- Add the Neon Coral and Cocktails Powder Color into the melted base.
- Mix with a spoon until the color is fully incorporated and evenly distributed.
- Weigh 1/2 ounce of Pink Grapefruit EO into a small beaker.
- Check the temperature of the base with a professional infrared thermometer. When the temperature is below 135º F, add the Pink Grapefruit EO, and mix well.
- Allow the lip balm to cool to 130º F.
- When the lip balm is at or below 130º F, pour into tubes. Slightly overfill each tube.
- Allow the lip balm to cool and harden.
- Scrape the excess lip balm from the tray with a metal spatula. This lip balm can be saved to create more lip balm in the future. If saving the lip balm, place the excess in a container and cover.
- Pull the lip balm tubes from the tray, and add the cap.
- If you plan to sell or give these lip balm tubes to others, we recommend labeling the product.