RECIPE: A Sip of Sangria CP Soap
This smells delicious! You can never have too much of this Sangria. It is very moisturizing and conditioning to the skin. Feel and smell great!
Project Level: Advanced – Danger Chemicals
Estimated Time: 1 Hour
Yield: 40-44 oz. Loaf
INCI Ingredient Label: Water,Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Elaeis Guineensis (Palm) Oil, Sodium Hydroxide, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil,Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Fragrance,Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Sea Salt, Polyester-3, Orange 5, Red 28
- This project and these instructions have been written for someone who has experience making soap and knows the potential dangers due to working with sodium hydroxide. It will not outline safety methods of working with dangerous chemicals, it is simply a soap recipe for advanced soapmakers.
- In separate containers, measure by weight your water and your lye.
- Gradually mix small amounts of the lye in the water until the lye is dissolved completely. Set aside in a safe place and allow to cool.
- Measure all of your oils and butters and place in a large bowl. NOTE: This will be the bowl you will stick blend in, so make sure it will be large enough.
- Warm oils in microwave or over low heat until melted. Set aside to cool.
- Pour .5 ounce of the oils in a beaker. Then repeat and put .5 ounce in another beaker.
- Add 1/2 tsp. of Neon Tutti Frutti Powder to one of the beakers, then mix in. With the other beaker of oil, add 1/2 tsp. of Neon Mango Powder and mix. Set beakers aside.
- Check temperatures of the lye water and then of the oil/butter mixture. When both are about the same temperature-approximately 120°F, you are ready to mix them together.
- Carefully stick blend until the soap reaches a light trace. Take the stick blender out of the mixture and place it on a safe protected place on the counter. REMEMBER: There is active lye on the blender.
- By hand using a spatula, add the Pink Sangria Fragrance Oil. Mix in well.
- Carefully separate the mixture into 2 bowls to add color. If you prefer more of one color, then divide the mixture accordingly. We divided 60-40, adding more Mango than Tutti Frutti.
- Add Mango to the larger amount of soap. Using a spatula, mix the color in well. In the other bowl, add Tutti Frutti to the smaller amount of mix. Using a spatula, again, mix the color in until the entire mixture is colored.
- Pour the Tutti Frutti color in the Mango colored bowl. Using the spatula, do a quick pot swirl technique with your spatula.
- Pour the mixture into the mold. You can 'play' with the texture on the top of the soap if you like. Top with the salt blend and allow a little time to set up.
- Carefully insulate the sides of the loaf with towels. After it has set up some, lightly cover the top as well.
- After 24 hours, you can unmold the loaf and cut the soap into 1 inch slices. Allow the soap to cure for 4-6 weeks before using. Check the pH to be sure it is at a skin-safe level.
Wholesale Supplies Plus is not responsible for the products you create
from our supplies. You alone are responsible for product and recipe
testing to ensure compatibility and safety.