RECIPE: Abalone & Sea Shells MP Soap
These teal green swirl soaps in will add a summer touch to any bath. The fresh, clean scent of Abalone & Sea Shells is a perfect summer fragrance.
Project Level: Moderate
Estimated Time: 1 Hour
Yield: 6 Approx. 4.5 oz. Bars
INCI Ingredient Label: Propylene Glycol, Sorbitol, Water, Sodium Stearate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Myristate, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Sodium Laurate, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Mangifera Indica (Mango) Seed Butter, Triethanolamine, Glycerin, Titanium Dioxide, Chromium Hydroxide Green, Mica (and) Iron Oxides, Fragrance
- NOTE: If you are making these products for sale, good manufacturing practices recommend you wear a hairnet, gloves and a mask. We also recommend a clean apron.
- In a plastic beaker, melt 1 oz. of clear soap in microwave. Add about 1/8 tsp. of Gingerbread Brown Mica Powder to melted soap and stir well.
- Tilt Scallop Shell Soap Mold at an angle to fill bottom design of shell. Using a plastic dropper, fill each area with the brown soap. We suggest filling only one design at a time and let harden. This way the soap does not run out of the mold if it needs to be tilted further.
- In two separate glass measuring cups, melt 7oz each of white and clear soap. To the clear soap, add one half of a Matte Teal Green Soap cube. Stir until it completely dissolves. If necessary, heat soap more to melt color cube.
- To each container of melted soap, add .21 oz (approx. 4 tsps) of fragrance oil. Stir to incorporate.
- Place a book or other object under the top and bottom of the plastic mold. This will keep the mold from tipping when the soap is poured into each cavity.
- Spritz tops of brown soap in each shell with rubbing alcohol. Check soap temperature before pouring to be sure it is at or below 130°F.
- Taking the melted soap in each hand, begin to pour into the soap cavity at the same time. This will give the swirl affect to the soap. Spritz top of each soap with alcohol when finished.
- The design of each soap will be a little different depending on how the soap is poured so each soap will be unique.
- Once soap starts to thicken and get a film on the top, place mold in freezer to completely set up. This will also help with umolding.
- After about 45 minutes, remove from freezer. Let sit at room temperature for about 10 minutes. Turn mold over and gently press on each cavity to release the soap.
- Repeat above steps to make second set of 3 soaps.
- When all soaps are finished, wrap and label accordingly.
Wholesale Supplies Plus is not responsible for the products you create
from our supplies. You alone are responsible for product and recipe
testing to ensure compatibility and safety.