- NOTE: If you are making these products for sale, good manufacturing practices recommend you wear a hairnet, gloves and a mask. We also recommend a clean apron.
- Cut up 10.6 oz. of clear soap and place in glass pyrex bowl. Heat in microwave until melted.
- Add 9 ml of fragrance and stir. Add Brown Liquid Oxide (mix before using) and Aborigine Amber Mica Powder to melted soap until desired shade of brown is achieved. Mix soap well.
- Place Cake Pop silicone mold on a cookie sheet. This gives mold stability if it needs to be moved during soap making process.
- Fill all 8 Cake Pop cavities to the small line on the inside of the cavity. Spritz soap with alcohol to release any air bubbles.
- When all cavities are filled, pour the remaining soap into one of the rectangular cavities on the Crafter's Choice Basic Rectangle Silicone Mold. Spritz with alcohol.
- Once the rectangle soap has hardened, remove from mold. Using a straight soap cutter, cut 8 pieces that are 2.5" long and approx. 1/8" wide or smaller. These will be used as the stems on the acorns.
- When the Cake Pops have formed a thick skin, use a skewer or pen cap to puncture a small hole in the center of the soap.
- You can then place the small soap pieces into the punctured hole. They should stand straight up in the soap and stick out about 1/2" above the top of the soap cavity. Allow these to set up completely.
- Weigh 2.4 oz of clear soap and cut into chunks. Place chunks in small glass measuring cup and heat in microwave until melted.
- Add 1.5 ml of fragrance oil and stir.
- Add Sparkle Copper Mica Powder (about 1/4 tsp) to soap and mix well.
- Allow soap to cool to about 120° or cooler before pouring. Spritz tops of soap acorns with alcohol before pouring. This ensures the two layers will adhere.
- Fill each cavity to the top with the copper colored soap. Spritz again with alcohol and allow soap to set up.
- Weigh 2 oz. of clear soap and melt in microwave.
- Add 1.5 ml of fragrance oil and 1/2 tsp. of liquid glycerin. Mix well. Glycerin is added to make soap more supple so it can be rolled into cinnamon sticks.
- Add Brown Oxide Liquid Pigment and Sparkle Copper Mica Powder until desired shade of cinnamon stick color is achieved. Mix colors in well.
- Pour the 2 oz. of soap between the 4 rectangle cavities in the Basic Rectangle Silicone Mold. The layers will be very thin so you may have to move the mold back and forth until the bottom of cavities are coated with soap.
- Spritz with alcohol and let set up.
- Remove soap from mold once it has hardened. Roll long sides of soap in towards the middle to create the cinnamon stick. Repeat with remaining 3 pieces of soap.
- When complete, package 2 acorns with 1 cinnamon stick in a cello bag and tie with natural raffia.