- NOTE: If you are making these products for sale, good manufacturing practices recommend you wear a hairnet, gloves and a mask. We also recommend a clean apron.
- In a metal pan, place 2 oz. each of Yellow Beeswax and Palm Kernel Flakes. Over low heat on stovetop, heat until completely melted.
- Remove from heat and stir to make sure everything is completely melted.
- Add 12 ml of fragrance oil and mix well. This is 10% fragrance oil added to the wax. If fragrance is too strong, cut back to 8% of 10 ml.
- Using a metal measuring spoon, take out 1 Tablespoon of the melted wax and put into a very small metal cup or a glass bowl.
- To this, add (1) .15 ml scoop of the Crimson Powder Sparkle. Mix well. If it starts to harden and turn white, place on low heat to remelt.
- Using a plastic dropper, squeeze the red wax into the dropper and fill the apple part of each mold cavity. Be careful to fill in the leaves as well.
- Place mold into freezer for about 5 minutes to let these harden. Remove mold and set on counter.
- Checking that the remaining wax temperature is around 150°F, fill mold cavities almost to the top. When all cavities are filled, place mold in freezer until totally hardened.
- Remove wax tarts from mold and set aside.
- Melt remaining red wax and pipe into 1-2 apples. If the dropper has hardened, place in microwave under a paper towel and heat in 3 second increments until the dropper is clear of wax.
- Once red wax has hardened, pour remaining white wax over these. You may have 1-2 tarts remaining. Place in freezer until set.
- Repeat above steps to make next batch of 9 air fresheners.
- These directions are designed to make 3 batches of tarts rather than 1 large batch because the wax will need to be reheated too many times.
- Our recipe yielded 27 air fresheners. We packaged 5 tarts in 5 bags and added 1 extra tart in two of the bags.
- Caution should be used to not leave in hot cars over 80°F as these will soften and melt. Scents should last for about 30 days.