RECIPE: Americana Stars Soap Pops MP Soap
Celebrate the 4th of July with these cute soap pops. The scent of Fresh Picked Strawberry is perfect for summer. Change color and fragrance to coordinate with any occasion.
Project Level: Moderate
Estimated Time: 1 Hour
Yield: 20 soap pops
INCI Ingredient Label: Sorbitol, Propylene Glycol, Water, Sodium Stearate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Myristate, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Glycerin, Triethanolamine, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Ultramarines, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, EDTA, Benzophenone 4
- NOTE: If you are making these products for sale, good manufacturing practices recommend you wear a hairnet, gloves and a mask. We also recommend a clean apron.
- Weigh 16 oz. of Crystal Clear soap. Cut into small chunks and place in a glass measuring cup.
- Taking the blue color cube, cut into half and place one half into the cup with the clear soap chunks.
- Place in microwave and heat until soap and color bar have both melted. Stir soap to incorporate color completely into soap.
- Add 1 Tablespoon of fragrance oil and blend into soap. Pour soap into jelly roll pan and let soap set up.
- Once soap has set up, about 20 minutes, take the middle star in the soap cutter set and cut out 40 stars. Set aside when finished. Remaining soap can be saved and remelted for another project.
- Repeat above steps 2-5 using the red soap color cube. For this color, only use 1/4 of the cube to color this soap since this is a darker, more concentrated color.
- Once the red soap stars are cut out, repeat the above steps, again, using the white soap base. The only thing added to this soap will be the 1 Tablespoon of fragrance oil.
- Once all 120 red, white and blue stars have been cut out, it is now time to make the soap pops.
- Weigh 8 oz. of the crystal clear soap and place in glass measuring cup. Heat in microwave until melted. This is enough for 2 soap pops. You will need to cut and melt more as you go along.
- We found it best to do 2 cavities at a time. You can certainly do more or all of them if you choose.
- No fragrance will be added so that the soap will stay nice and clear.
- When placing stars into mold, we put 2 stars in, one behind the other leaving space in between. When you place the stick in the soap, it can go in between the two stars so it won't interfere with seeing the stars in the soap.
- Pour a small amount of clear soap into cavity. Take 1 or 2 stars, spritz both sides with alcohol and place down into soap. Spritz alcohol down into cavity to release any air bubbles.
- HINT: A wooden skewer is helpful in positioning stars in cavities.
- Let soap set up for about 5 minutes. Spritz again with alcohol and pour a little more clear soap into cavity. Spritz 2 more stars and position into soap.
- Continue until soap cavity is completely filled with stars and clear soap. Be sure to spritz well between clear soap pours so all layers stick together. We placed 6 stars into each cavity - 2 of each color.
- Position stick down into soap mold, leaving about 2 1/2" sticking out of the mold.
- Continue until all soap pops have been made. Place sticks into mold and place stick holder over top to hold them in place.
- Once soap has all set up, gently pull sides away from soap. Push from bottom until silicone releases from soap. Continue to push up until soap is far enough out to grab and pull out of mold. DO NOT GRAB SOAP BY THE STICK.
- Repeat above steps to make second set of 10 soap pops.
- Wrap soap and label accordingly. Packaging suggestion: Premium Crystal Cello Bag (3.5" x 2" x 7.5") tied with colored ribbons.
Wholesale Supplies Plus is not responsible for the products you create
from our supplies. You alone are responsible for product and recipe
testing to ensure compatibility and safety.