RECIPE: Apple Cinnamon MP Soap Cupcakes
These cupcakes smell amazing! A great addition to your fall product line. Your customers will think they are the real thing!
Project Level: Moderate
Estimated Time: 2 Hours
Yield: (12) Approx. 3.55 oz. Soap Cupcakes
INCI Ingredient Label: CUPCAKE/FILLING: Sorbitol, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Stearic Acid, Myristic Acid, Water, Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Titanium Dioxide, Apricot Seed Powder, Tetrasodium, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Orange 4, Yellow 5, Mica, Iron Oxide.
WHIPPED TOPPING: Propylene Glycol, Sorbitol, Glycerin, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Stearate, Sodium Myristate, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Water, Disodium Lauryl sulfosuccinate, Stearic Acid, Polyglycerol-3 Beeswax, Sodium Chloride, Diazolidinyl Urea (and) Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Triethanolamine, Titanium Dioxide, Fragrance.
- NOTE: If you are making these products for sale, good manufacturing practices recommend you wear a hairnet, gloves and a mask. We also recommend a clean apron.
- CUPCAKE: Place 12 silicone cupcake liners into a metal cupcake pan. This helps to keep the shape of the cupcakes once the soap is poured.
- Weigh 22 oz. of Ultra White MP Soap Base and cut up into chunks. Place in a large glass bowl and heat in microwave for 2 minutes. If soap is not completely melted, heat in 30 second increments until all soap has melted.
- In a plastic beaker, measure 0.66 oz. of Apple Cinnamon Icing Fragrance Oil and 0.66 oz. of Vanilla Color Stabilizer. Let set for 2 minutes then add to melted soap. Stir well.
- Add 8 drops of Stained Glass Lemon Yellow Liquid Color and stir until color has mixed in well.
- Pour soap into each silicone cupcake liner to the line marker just below the top of the mold. Spritz the soap in each cupcake with rubbing alcohol to release any air bubbles. Let harden.
- APPLE FILLING: Weigh and cut up 8.5 oz. of Extra Clear MP Soap Base. Add a .05 oz. sliver of Ultra White MP Soap Base to the clear soap. Place in microwave and heat until all soap has melted. Remove and stir well.
- In a plastic beaker, mix 7 ml of Apple Cinnamon Icing Fragrance Oil and 7 ml Vanilla Color Stabilizer. Let sit for 2 minutes before adding to melted soap.
- Add 1/8 tsp. Apricot Seed Powder, 1 drop of Stained Glass Lemon Yellow Liquid Color and 3 drops of Stained Glass Citrus Orange Liquid Color. Mix to incorporate all additives.
- Pour into Guest Loaf Silicone Mold. Spritz the top with rubbing alcohol and let harden.
- When soap for apple filling has hardened, remove from mold. Cut into small apple pieces. Place pieces on cupcakes, dividing them up to cover all 12. They should be slightly mounded in the middle.
- Weigh and cut up 4 oz. of Extra Clear MP Soap Base. Place in a glass measuring cup and heat in microwave until melted.
- Add 1 drop of Stained Glass Lemon Yellow Liquid Color, 2 drops of Stained Glass Citrus Orange Liquid Color and a pinch of Gingerbread Brown Mica Powder (just enough to darken the soap just a little). Soap is ready to pour when it has cooled to around 135°F.
- Spritz the tops of the cupcake and the apple pieces with rubbing alcohol. Drizzle the soap over the apple pieces just enough to act as a "glue" to hold the pieces together. Be sure to pour the soap around the edge of the cupcake to cover the "yellow cake".
- Continue to pour the melted soap until all 12 cupcakes have been covered. Let soap set up.
- Once set up, remove from the silicone liners and set aside.
- CINNAMON STICKS: Weigh and cut up 2.25 oz. of Extra Clear MP Soap Base. Place in a glass measuring cup. Add 0.75 oz. of Glycerin and (2) 0.15 ml micro size scoops of Gingerbread Brown Mica Powder. Mix well.
- Place the Guest Loaf Silicone Mold on a scale and tare to zero. Pour 0.75 oz. of soap into the bottom of the mold. Let soap harden.
- Remove from mold and roll the soap lengthwise as tightly as possible. Cut up into 4 cinnamon sticks. Repeat this process two more times to get 12 cinnamon sticks. Set aside when done.
- SOAP FROSTING: Weigh and cut up 8 oz. of Ultra White MP Soap Base. Place in a large, deep microwave-safe bowl and heat in the microwave until soap has completely melted.
- In a separate microwave-safe container, add 1 oz. of glycerin and 1.5 oz. of Smooth and Creamy Lotion Bar Additiive. Place in the microwave until completely melted. Add this to the melted soap.
- Add 8 oz. of Foaming Bath Whip to the melted soap and stir. The heat from the melted soap will soften the bath whip.
- In a plastic beaker, mix together 0.50 oz. Apple Cinnamon Icing Fragrance Oil and 0.50 oz. Vanilla Color Stabilizer. Stir and set aside.
- With a hand mixer on low speed, whip the soap mixture. When soap starts to thicken up, turn off.
- Add the fragrance oil mixture, 8 drops of Stained Glass Lemon Yellow Liquid Color and 1/4 tsp. of Apricot Seed Powder.
- Continue to mix until product thickens but is still soft enough like a whipped cream consistency.
- Fill Decorator Pro or pastry bag with mixture and pipe onto cupcakes. Any leftover "frosting" can be placed in an airtight container for later use.
- Place a cinnamon stick into the side of each frosted cupcake and sprinkle a small amount of Apricot Seeds on top to look like cinnamon. Wait 24 hours, once frosting has hardened, to package.
- Label product accordingly.
Wholesale Supplies Plus is not responsible for the products you create
from our supplies. You alone are responsible for product and recipe
testing to ensure compatibility and safety.