- NOTE: If you are making these products for sale, good manufacturing practices recommend you wear a hairnet, gloves and a mask. We also recommend a clean apron.
- In a dedicated pot and on direct low heat, melt 8 oz beeswax.
- Reduce heat to low and add 8 oz cocoa butter to melted beeswax.
- Remove from heat and add 8 oz shea butter. Allow shea butter to naturally melt.
- Add 8 oz of Grapeseed Oil. Mix well.
- Add 1/2 oz (1 Tablespoon or 15 ml) of botanical extract. Mix well.
- Scent 1/2 oz of essential oil.
- Place plastic molds on a cookie sheet and pour melted base into each cavity until almost full. If poured all the way to the top, the lotion bar will be too tall to fit into the shallow tin. This will weigh approx. 1.3 oz. when finished.
- Immediately place tray and mold in the freezer for 10 min. This rapid cooling will prevent the mixture from feeling "gritty" upon use.
- Repeat until all base is formed into small guest round shapes. If some of base becomes solid in glass measuring cup, microwave for 30 seconds or until melted.
- Repeat directions using other .5 oz of essential oil blend to make remaining 32 lotion bars.
- Label per FDA labeling guidelines.