RECIPE: Baby Shower Favors - Soap Cupcakes
These adorable soap cupcakes in pink and blue tones make these a perfect baby shower favor. If you prefer, you can make them all pink or blue and then bring them out for a Reveal Party!
Project Level: Moderate
Estimated Time: 2 Hours
Yield: 6 Soap Cupcakes
INCI Ingredient Label: CUPCAKE: Sodium Cocoate, Propylene Glycol , Sodium Stearate, Glycerin, Water, Sorbitol, Fragrance, Titanium Dioxide, Sodium Myristate, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Triethanolamine, Sodium Laureth Sulfate,Ultramarines.
FROSTING: Propylene Glycol, Sorbitol, Glycerin, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Stearate, Sodium Myristate, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Water, Disodium Lauryl sulfosuccinate, Stearic Acid, Polyglycerol-3 Beeswax, Sodium Chloride, Diazolidinyl Urea (and) Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Triethanolamine, Titanium Dioxide, Fragrance, Mica and Carmine.
- NOTE: If you are making these products for sale, good manufacturing practices recommend you wear a hairnet, gloves and a mask. We also recommend a clean apron.
- Weigh 24 oz. of Detergent Free White MP Soap Base and cut up into smaller chunks.
- Weigh 0.075 oz. of Matte Cobalt Blue Soap Color Bar and 0.15 oz. of Matte Lavender Soap Color Bar and add to the soap base.
- Place container in microwave and heat until the soap and color bars are melted.
- Stir mixture to make sure the color bars are completely incorporated in the mixture.
- In a plastic beaker, mix 0.35 oz. of Vanilla Color Stabilizer-MP and 0.75 oz. of Blue Citron and Cyclamen Fragrance Oil. Add fragrance mixture to the melted soap.
- Once the temperature has reached 125-130ºF, pour soap into each clamshell. Each cavity will contain 4.35 oz. of melted soap. Spritz with alcohol when finished to pop any surface bubbles.
- Once soap has completely harden, gently remove soap from mold. Then place back into the cupcake mold. This will make it easier to remove the cupcake once the frosting has been added.
- Cut up 1 lb. of white soap into chunks and place in a large, deep glass bowl.
- Place in microwave and heat soap for about 1-2 minutes until completely melted.
- In a microwave-safe container, add 2 oz. of Glycerin and 3 oz. of Smooth & Creamy Lotion Bar Additive. Heat in microwave until Lotion Bar Additive has completely melted. Add to melted soap.
- In beaker, mix 1 oz. of Blue Citron and Cyclamen Fragrance Oil with 0.5 ounces of Vanilla Color Stabilizer – MP and allow to sit for at least 2 minutes.
- Add the 1 lb. jar of Foaming Bath Whip to melted soap mixture and gently stir in. Bath whip will not completely melt but will soften and break up into smaller pieces.
- On slow speed, start mixing with hand mixer. It is best to use a deep bowl, as the soap will splatter very easily.
- Continue to whip until frosting is a nice whipped consistency.
- Weigh out 16 oz. and place in a separate bowl. The remaining frosting can be placed in an airtight container and used for a later project.
- To this mixture add the modified fragrance. Start mixing again slowly to incorporate fragrance oil.
- Turn off mixer and add approximately 3/4 teaspoon of the Sexy Pink Slippers Mica Powder.
- On low speed, mix well to incorporate the powder color. Add more pink mica if a darker shade is desired. Continue to whip mixture until it is nice and thick.
- If soap seems too thin to pipe, place in refrigerator to cool and thicken - about 15 minutes.
- Using a pastry bag or Decorator Pro fill with the pink frosting.
- Use your tip of choice and place on the bag or Decorator Pro. Pipe on frosting and pile up nice and full on the cupcake, but not too high so the clamshell lid won't close.
- Finish by dusting with Iridescent Super Sparkle Glitter.
- Let product sit for about 24 hours to completely harden. Your soap will then be ready to package.
- Should your frosting start to harden up a bit before you have finished piping, whip slightly with hand mixer to soften it.
- NOTE: Unused soap frosting can be kept in airtight container. When ready to use, warm slightly in microwave and whip with hand mixer to desired consistency.
Wholesale Supplies Plus is not responsible for the products you create
from our supplies. You alone are responsible for product and recipe
testing to ensure compatibility and safety.