- NOTE: If you are making these products for sale, good manufacturing practices recommend you wear a hairnet, gloves and a mask. We also recommend a clean apron.
- **We used 64 ounces of beer and 8 oz. of water to make this recipe. You can use more water and less beer if you choose. If batch is too large to make all at once, cut recipe in half to make 4 - 8 oz. bottles.
- Measure beer and pour in a glass bowl. Let sit out overnight or until beer becomes flat.
- Measure beer and water and add to a large glass mixing bowl.
- Heat in microwave for 2-3 minutes.
- Add stearic acid and emulsifying wax to heated beer/water. Stir to incorporate.
- Heat beer/water/wax/acid mix for another 2-3 minutes until temperature reaches 150°-175°.
- Add butter and oil and stir until butters have melted completely.
- Stick blend mix for 1-2 minutes.
- Set aside and allow mixture to cool to 115°-120°. This will also allow mixture to thicken. You can stir mixture occasionally if you desire. This may take 30-45 minutes.
- Add Rosemary Oleoresin Extract (ROE) and Optiphen Plus to lotion mix and stir well to incorporate. (*If the mixture develops a cottage cheese texture you can stick blend for 30 seconds to 1 minute.)
- Add fragrance and stir with spatula to incorporate. You may stick blend if you prefer.
- Scoop lotion into a plastic bag and pipe the lotion into your bottles. Allow them to sit open for up to 1 hour to ensure the lotion is completely cooled.
- Add your pump closure and label as desired.