RECIPE: Blackberry Magnolia Swirl MP Soap Loaf
This soap will look pretty in any bathroom or kitchen. The swirl technique creates a unique pattern in each slice.
Project Level: Easy
Estimated Time: 1/2 Hour
Yield: (8) 1" Slices
INCI Ingredient Label: Sorbitol, Propylene Glycol, Water, Sodium Stearate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Myristate, Silica, Fragrance, Titanium Dioxide, Bis(Glycidoxyphenyl)propane/Bisaminomethylnorbornane copolymer, Aluminum Hydroxide, Violet 2 EXT, Red 28, Ultramarines, Chromium Hydroxide Green, Polyethylene Terephthalate, Acrylates Copolymer.
- NOTE: If you are making these products for sale, good manufacturing practices recommend you wear a hairnet, gloves and a mask. We also recommend a clean apron.
- In 3 separate beakers, add 1 oz. of glycerin.
- To first beaker, add 1/2 tsp. Neon Purple Play Date Powder Color. To second add 1/2 tsp. of Matte Lavender Ultramarine Pigment Powder. To last beaker, add 1/4 tsp. of Matte Teal Green Pigment Powder. Mix each beaker well using the mini-mixer.
- Weigh 25 oz. of Signature Suspend Clear MP Soap Base. Cut up into small chunks and place in a glass measuring cup.
- Weigh 15 oz. of Signature Suspend White MP Soap base. Cut up into small chunks and place in a second glass measuring cup.
- Weigh 6 oz. of Signature Suspend Clear MP Soap Base. Cut up into chunks and place in a third glass measuring cup.
- In a small beaker, add 1 oz. of Blackberry Magnolia Fragrance Oil and set aside.
- Starting with the 25 oz. of clear soap, place measuring cup into the microwave and heat until the soap has completely melted.
- Place the 15 oz. cup of white soap into the microwave and heat until soap has melted.
- To the clear soap, add the Neon Purple Play Date color mixture and stir into soap. Add a small amount of the Matte Lavender color mixture until you reach the desired shade of purple.
- Pour half of the fragrance oil into each cup of melted soap and mix well.
- Place the last container of soap into the microwave to melt. Add the Matte Teal Green color mixture and mix well.
- When the soap temperature of the purple and white soap reaches about 130°F, they are ready to be poured.
- With a measuring cup in each hand, begin to pour both soaps into the mold together. As the soaps blend together, they will create a swirl affect.
- Let the green soap thicken slightly before pouring. The thicker it is, the better it will suspend in the soap. Pour this in a zig-zag motion across the top of the soap. It will fall into the soap that has already been poured and create a splash of color in the soap.
- Weigh 6 oz. of Suspend White MP soap and cut up into chunks. Place in a deep glass bowl and heat until soap has melted.
- With a hand mixer, start to whip the melted soap. As it cools it will start to thicken. As soon as it thickens slightly, turn off mixer. Spritz top of soap in the mold with alcohol.
- Immediately pour whipped soap on top of the soap in the mold. Use a spoon to add some texture to the top.
- Sprinkle about 1 Tbsp. of Iridescent Super Sparkle Glitter over the top.
- Let soap completely set up - about 2-3 hours.
- Carefully remove from mold. Using a mitre box, if available, cut into 1" slices.
- Wrap as desired.
- Label accordingly.
Wholesale Supplies Plus is not responsible for the products you create
from our supplies. You alone are responsible for product and recipe
testing to ensure compatibility and safety.