RECIPE: Blackcurrant Wine Bath Fizzies
Soak in a bath using one of these bath fizzies and you will feel like you are walking through a vineyard. The fragrance has notes of sparkling grapefruit, sugared blackcurrant, crisp apple and aged oak. The rose soap embed is an added treat because after the bath fizzy disappears you can use this to wash with.
Project Level: Moderate
Estimated Time: 1 Hour
Yield: (12) 2.75" Bath Fizzies
INCI Ingredient Label: Baking Soda, Citric Acid, Himalayan Sea Salt, Lathanol, Fragrance, Kaolin Clay, Fluorphlogopite, Iron Oxide.
Embed: Sorbitol, Coconut Oil, Propylene Glycol, Stearic Acid, Water, Sodium Hydroxide, Glycerin, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxide.
- NOTE: If you are making these products for sale, good manufacturing practices recommend you wear a hairnet, gloves and a mask. We also recommend a clean apron. Lathanol LAL Powder is a very airborne product. You will need a mask and a contained space when making your finished product.
- Separate the 12 sets of bath bomb ball molds with the corresponding tops and bottoms. Set aside.
- Weigh 4 oz. of Detergent Free Clear MP Soap Base and cut up into chunks. Place in a glass measuring cup and heat in microwave in 30 second intervals until melted.
- Add in 1/2 tsp. of Jazzberry Red Mica Powder and stir.
- Pour soap into the Rose Small Silicone Mold and let soap harden.
- Once hardened, remove from mold and set aside.
- In a large glass bowl add 48 oz. Baking Soda and 16 oz. Citric Acid. Break up any clumps with a spoon or gloved hands.
- While wearing a mask, add 1.5 oz. Lathanol Powder and very slowly mix into the baking soda mixture.
- Add 1 oz. White Kaolin Clay and 16 oz. Pink Sea Salts. With a spoon or spatula, mix well.
- Measure 1.5 oz. fragrance oil and slowly drizzle this over the entire mixture. Carefully blend fragrance into the mixture.
- Place another glass bowl on a scale and tare to zero. Pour 2 lbs. of mixture into this bowl.
- Add 2.5 tsp. Crimson Red Mica Powder into this second bowl and mix well.
- To original mixing bowl, add 3 tsp. Blushed Bronze Mica Powder and mix well.
- To one half of bath bomb mold, place a rose embed into the bottom with the rose facing down.
- Spritz the crimson powder mixture with rubbing alcohol, continuing until the mixture stays together when pressed into the palm of your hand.
- Do the same with the bronze powder mixture until it sticks together.
- Take some of the crimson mixture and press firmly into the side of the mold with the rose embed. Add enough until it makes a small heap at the top.
- Add the bronze mixture to the other half pressing firmly into the mold until it heaps at the top.
- Press both sides firmly together, gently turning back and forth until both sides stick together. You can remove the top of the mold, brush off any excess mixture around the edge and place back together. If the top and bottom are not sticking together, spritz both halves with rubbing alcohol to help the sides adhere to each other.
- Continue with the other molds until they are all filled.
- Keep the fizzies in the molds overnight. If possible, prop them up so they are suspended and the bottoms are not sitting on a surface which can make the bath fizzies flat on the bottom. We propped ours in Regular Silicone Loaf Molds or you can also use a few narrow shoe boxes.
- Carefully remove from molds. If they stick, gently try to move bath fizzy back and forth and they will release.
- Package as desired. We recommend a cello bag tied with corresponding ribbon or wrap in colored tissue paper.
- Label product accordingly.
Wholesale Supplies Plus is not responsible for the products you create
from our supplies. You alone are responsible for product and recipe
testing to ensure compatibility and safety.