RECIPE: Blue Swirls MP Loaf Soap
Try this new way to give your MP soap bars a CP-type swirl!
Project Level: Moderate
Estimated Time: 1/2 Hour
Yield: Approx. 20.75 oz. Loaf
INCI Ingredient Label: Sorbitol, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Propylene Glycol, Stearic Acid, Myristic Acid, Water, Sodium Hydroxide, Silica, Titanium Dioxide, Fragrance, Glycerin, Sodium Stearate, Sodium Myristate, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Ultramarines.
- NOTE: If you are making these products for sale, good manufacturing practices recommend you wear a hairnet, gloves and a mask. We also recommend a clean apron.
- Cut the folder into two rectangles 4" wide and about 3" deep. These will be used as dividers that will fit into the short loaf mold. The extra 1/2" that sticks out will allow you to easily remove the dividers after the soap has been poured.
- Prepare your mold by placing the dividers vertically into the mold. The Crafter's Choice logo should be in the top left-hand corner.
- Weigh 20 oz. of Clear Suspension MP Soap and cut into small chunks. Place cubes in a large Pyrex measuring cup.
- Weigh 10 oz. of White Suspension MP Soap and cut into small chunks. Place in a medium Pyrex measuring cup.
- If microwave is large enough, place both cups into oven and heat until soap has melted. If not, melt the larger one first, then the smaller.
- Weigh 0.75 oz. of Azurite Sky Fragrance Oil into a plastic beaker. Add this to the larger Pyrex cup of clear soap. Stir well to incorporate.
- Weigh 0.25 oz. of Azurite Sky Fragrance Oil into the same beaker and add this to the smaller Pyrex cup of white soap. Stir well. Set this soap aside to cool.
- Take the other medium Pyrex cup and weigh out 10 oz. of melted clear soap. Add 0.05 oz. of the Matte Lavender Color Bar.
- To the other cup of clear soap, add 0.05 oz. of the Matte Cobalt Blue Color Bar.
- Stir both to incorporate the color. If the color bar does not melt, place the soap base in the microwave in short 10 second intervals to melt the remaining color.
- Allow all three cups of soap to cool to a temperature between 125-130°F.
- Holding the dividers in place with one hand, pour a small amount of the white soap into the middle. Then follow with a small amount of purple and blue on either side.
- Continue in this fashion, pouring a small amount of each color, until all soap has been poured.
- Note: Pour only one color of soap into each cavity.
- Pull out both dividers and place the skewer in the top left-hand corner of the mold nearest the Crafter's Choice logo.
- Make thin horizontal zig-zags through the mold and finish by running your skewer around the perimeter of the mold.
- NOTE: You may have some skin forming along the top of the soap by this point. If this occurs because the soap is cooling, just pull the hardened soap off at this point.
- You may want to add a design to the top of your loaf. To do so, take the remnants of soap in each Pyrex cup and drizzle across the top for a fun effect!
- Spritz the top of your loaf with rubbing alcohol to pop any surface bubbles.
- Allow to harden for about 24 hours.
- Once soap has hardened, remove from the mold. Slice soap into either (4) 5.19 oz. slices or (5) 4.15 oz. slices.
- Package and label accordingly.
Wholesale Supplies Plus is not responsible for the products you create
from our supplies. You alone are responsible for product and recipe
testing to ensure compatibility and safety.