RECIPE: Blushed Orchid Body Wash and Lotion Gift Set
This shimmery body wash and lotion set is the perfect gift for your bridal party. It is a nice way to say "thank you" for sharing in your special day. The Blushed Orchid fragrance is just the right touch of orchid and pear nectar giving these products a soft and subtle scent.
Project Level: Easy
Estimated Time: 1 Hour
Yield: 12 Sets (8.65 oz. Body Wash & 4.33 oz. Lotion)
INCI Ingredient Label: LOTION: Water, Glyceryl Stearate, Isopropyl Myristate, Caprylic/Capric Triglycerides, Stearic Acid, Cetearyl Alcohol (and) Ceteareth 20, Shea Butter, Dimethicone, Sunflower Oil, Aloe Vera, Disodium Benzophenone-4, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, DMDM Hydantoin, Fragrance, Fluorphlogopite, Iron Oxide.
BODY WASH: Water, Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate, Glycerin, Disodium Cocamido MIPA Sulfosuccinate, Propylene Glycol, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Disodium DMDM Hydantoin
NOTE: If you are making these products for sale, good manufacturing practices recommend you wear a hairnet, gloves and a mask. We also recommend a clean apron.
- LOTION: In a large glass pyrex cup, add 17.3 oz. of Shea Butter and Aloe Lotion. Place in microwave and heat for about 1 minute. This will thin out the lotion, making the fragrance easier to incorporate and make it easier to pour into the bottles.
- In a plastic beaker, add 0.30 oz. fragrance oil and 0.15 oz. Vanilla Color Stabilizer. Mix together.
- Add (2) 0.15 ml Micro Size scoops of Super Sparkle Rose Gold Mica Powder and mix into the fragrance mixture.
- Pour colored liquid into the lotion and stir well to incorporate.
- Pour lotion into a Mix & Pour Funnel Pitcher. This pitcher will make it easier to pour into the bottles.
- Place an empty clear Naples bottle on the scale, tare to zero. Pour about 4.33 oz. of lotion into bottle. Continue pouring lotion in this manner until all lotion has been poured, this should fill 4 bottles.
- Repeat above steps twice to fill all 12 bottles.
- Let lotion cool completely before placing tops on bottles. Warm lotion can cause condensation inside the bottles if capped too soon. Set bottles aside until body wash has been made. Once cool, place tops on bottle.
- BODY WASH: Empty 36 oz. of Liquid Suspension Soap Base into large glass pyrex cup. Heat in microwave for about 1 minute.
- Add 0.50 oz. Bubble Wash Pearlizer and mix in well.
- In a plastic beaker mix 0.36 oz. fragrance oil with 0.18 oz. stabilizer. Add (2) 0.15 ml Micro Size scoops of Super Sparkle Rose Gold Mica Powder and stir.
- Add fragrance/color solution to warmed soap base and stir well to incorporate ingredients.
- Place an empty clear Keuka bottle on the scale, tare to zero. Pour 8.65 oz. of body wash into bottle. Continue pouring in this manner until all body wash has been poured, this should fill 4 bottles. Any remaining product can be divided evenly.
- Repeat steps 9-13 to fill remaining 8 bottles, making 2 more batches of 4 bottles each.
- Once product has completely cooled, place disc tops on bottles.
- TO PACKAGE: Place 1 lotion and 1 body wash into a cello bag with crinkle paper and tie with coordinating ribbon.
Wholesale Supplies Plus is not responsible for the products you create
from our supplies. You alone are responsible for product and recipe
testing to ensure compatibility and safety.