- NOTE: If you are making these products for sale, good manufacturing practices recommend you wear a hairnet, gloves and a mask. We also recommend a clean apron.
- In a large bowl, add 48 oz. of water.
- Weigh the Stearic Acid and Emulsifying Wax and add to bowl of water.
- Place the bowl in microwave and heat until the stearic acid and wax is completely melted. This could take anywhere from 3-10 minutes.
- While waxes are melting, weigh out the butters and oils.
- To the water mixture, add 1 oz. Shea Butter, 1 oz. Cocoa Butter, 3 oz. Coconut Oil and 5 oz. Apricot Kernel Oil. Gently stir to allow butters to soften.
- Using a stick blender, begin to blend. Continue blending until mixture starts to thicken. This may take a few minutes. If mixture does not seem to be thickening up, let mixture cool down a little and then start to blend again.
- Once mixture begins to thicken, turn blender off.
- Mix 19 ml Bourbon Vanilla Fragrance Oil with 9 ml Vanilla Color Stabilizer - Lotions - Washes. Mix well and allow mixture to sit for at least 2 minutes but no longer than 15 minutes total.
- To lotion, add Vitamin E and fragrance mixture. Continue blending for 1 minute.
- Check temperature of lotion to be sure it is under 176°F. Add Optiphen Plus and blend until fully mixed.
- Prop bottles up in a measuring cup, shoebox or other type of container where the bottles can stand up, and place on scale. Tare scale to zero and fill each bottle to 7.75 oz. If lotion is too thick to pour, use a pastry bag or zip lock bag (cutting off a corner) and pipe lotion into the bottles.
- Let lotion cool completely before capping so that condensation does not form on the inside of the bottles.
- Label product accordingly.