RECIPE: Candy Crush MP Soap Loaf
The various colored candy-looking chunks in this soap give it a "sweet" effect. Each slice will be unique and will smell as sweet as candy!
Project Level: Moderate
Estimated Time: 2 Hours
Yield: 8 - 1" slices
INCI Ingredient Label: Propylene Glycol, Sorbitol, Water, Sodium Stearate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Myristate, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Fragrance, Glycerin, Titanium Dioxide, Triethanolamine, Bis(Glycidoxyphenyl)propane/Bisaminomethylnorbornane copolymer, Aluminum Hydroxide, Blue 1, Yellow 10, Red 28, Red 22, Violet 2 EXT.
- NOTE: If you are making these products for sale, good manufacturing practices recommend you wear a hairnet, gloves and a mask. We also recommend a clean apron and work space.
- To make this loaf, you will first need to make all the candy colors and chop those up to be added to the white soap base.
- To make soap "candies": weigh 6.5 oz. of white soap and cut up into chunks. Place soap in glass measuring cup. Place in microwave and heat until soap has completely melted.
- Take 1 color cube and cut in half. Cut the half into smaller pieces and add these to the melted soap. Stir until color has completely melted in. If small pieces remain, place in microwave and heat until completely melted.
- Place silicone mold on a cookie sheet. This will give mold stability if it needs to be moved.
- Pour colored soap into the bottom of the loaf mold. Spritz top of soap with rubbing alcohol to remove any surface bubbles. Set soap aside to harden. HINT: To speed up this process, place cookie sheet in freezer for about 30 minutes.
- Once soap has hardened, remove from mold and set aside.
- Repeat above steps with each color cube until all 5 colors have been made.
- Using a soap cutter, cut each color into small chunks. They do not have to be the same size. Make them different sizes which will make each soap slice unique and different.
- Once all soap is cubed, combine all colors together onto cookie sheet and set aside.
- Prepare fragrance oil by weighing 1 oz. or 2 Tablespoons of Candy Crush fragrance oil.
- To this, add 0.5 oz. or 1 Tablespoon of Vanilla Color Stabilizer for MP Soap. Mix well and set aside.
- Weigh 30 oz. of ultra-white soap base. Cut into chunks and place in a large glass pyrex bowl. Place in microwave and heat until melted. DO NOT BOIL. Remove from microwave and stir to make sure all soap has melted.
- Add the fragrance oil mixture blended in Step 12. Stir to incorporate fragrance oil.
- Take a handful of the colored "candy pieces" and spritz generously with alcohol. Toss these chunks into the bottom of the loaf mold.
- With digital thermometer, check the temperature of the soap. It must be at or below 125°F so it does not melt the soap chunks.
- Pour white soap over soap chunks in the mold. Spritz the top of soap, then spritz more colored soap chunks and add to the loaf.
- Continue adding chunks and pouring white soap over them until you fill the entire mold. Try to leave some embeds sticking out the top of the loaf.
- Once soap has completely set up, remove from mold. Place in mitre box (if available) and slice into 1" slices.
- Wrap slices with clear plastic wrap and label soap accordingly.
Wholesale Supplies Plus is not responsible for the products you create
from our supplies. You alone are responsible for product and recipe
testing to ensure compatibility and safety.