- NOTE: If you are making these products for sale, good manufacturing practices recommend you wear a hairnet, gloves and a mask. We also recommend a clean apron.
- Weigh 36 oz. of Extra Clear Soap Base. Cut soap up into chunks and place in a large microwave safe bowl. Heat in microwave for 2 minutes. Remove and stir. If not completely melted, heat in 30 second intervals until all soap has melted.
- Measure 1 oz. of Apple Caramel Crunch Fragrance Oil and 0.5 oz. of Vanilla Color Stabilizer and mix together. Allow mixture to sit for 2 minutes before using, then stir into melted soap.
- Add 15 drops of Stained Glass Apple Red Liquid Dye and 10 drops of Stained Glass Santa Red. Stir until all color has mixed in well.
- Snap the Round Ball Silicone Mold together making sure it is secure. Place on a cookie sheet to give the mold stability if it needs to be moved.
- Pour some of the soap into the Mix & Pour Funnel Pitcher. This has a nice long spout for easy pouring.
- Once the soap has cooled down to around 130°F, carefully pour soap into each cavity. Pour just to the top of the ball, do not pour the tab at the top of the mold. Spritz well with alcohol as there may be bubbles that will raise up to the top.
- Continue pouring the rest of the "apples". Add more soap to the Mix & Pour Funnel as needed. You may need to reheat the soap if it starts to harden.
- You may need to go back and top off the "apples" as the soap can settle.
- When soap starts to thicken up, push a soap pop stick into each soap cavity. If it falls over, wait a few more minutes and then try again.
- Soap can be unmolded after about 2-3 hours. Remove the top of the mold, being careful not to pull on the stick. If any soap leaked out on the sides, carefully shave this part off.
- To prepare caramel soap, cut up 6 oz. of Ultra White MP Soap Base and place in the washed and clean Mix & Pour Funnel used in an earlier step.
- Heat in microwave until soap has completely melted.
- Add 1/2 of Matte Brown Soap Color Cube and 1/4 of Matte Yellow Soap Color Cube and stir until color has melted into the liquid soap. Heat the soap a little more if color is not completely melted.
- Add 5 ml of Apple Caramel Crunch Fragrance Oil and mix in. Measure 5 ml of Apple Caramel Crunch Fragrance Oil and 2.5 ml of Vanilla Color Stabilizer and mix together. Allow mixture to sit for 2 minutes before using, then stir into melted soap.
- Dunk the apples into the melted "caramel" as high up as desired. Sprinkle caramel with brown sugar crystals and place on wax paper lined cookie sheet to harden.
- Once soap has completely set up, place one apple into a crystal cello bag and tie with raffia or ribbon of choice.
- Label product accordingly. Be sure to add to label " SOAP - DO NOT EAT".