- NOTE: If you are making these products for sale, good manufacturing practices recommend you wear a hairnet, gloves and a mask. We also recommend a clean apron.
- Place one plastic beaker on a scale and tare to zero.
- Add 1 oz. of Lip Balm Base for Pots. Remove from scale and do the same with the other plastic beaker using the Lip Balm Base for Sticks. You will now have 2 beakers with 1 oz. each of lip balm base.
- Place both beakers in the microwave and heat for about 30 seconds or until the bases are completely melted.
- To one beaker, add 3 ml. of Apple - Sweetened Flavor Oil and mix in.
- Then, add about 1/4 tsp. of the Yellow Oil Locking Mica Powder and blend to incorporate color. Then, add just enough Green Oil Locking Mica Powder to get a nice green apple color.
- To the other beaker, add 3 ml. of the Creamy Caramel - Sweetened Flavor Oil and mix in.
- Then, add about 1/4 tsp. of the Chocolate Brown Mica Powder and mix in well.
- Let both beakers thicken slightly before pouring (around 125°). This will help keep the two colors separated once they are poured.
- With one beaker in each hand, pour both colors at the same time. The colors should meet in the center and stay separated. Do not fill to top but a little above the threaded area. Using the end of a spoon, create a swirl in the middle of the lip balm.
- Continue until all product has been poured. This should fill 7 lip balm pots. If the product thickens too much, place in microwave very briefly to melt.
- Repeat above steps using remaining lip base, if desired. The entire recipe should make 14 lip balm pots.