- NOTE: If you are making these products for sale, good manufacturing practices recommend you wear a hairnet, glove and a mask. We also recommend a clean apron.
- In a large glass mixing bowl, add 26 oz. of water.
- To the water, add the 2.5 oz. of stearic acid and 3.2oz. Emulsifying wax soft and silky.
- Place bowl in microwave and heat until stearic acid and emulsifying wax are completely melted. Microwave for 3-5 minutes. If stearic and e-wax are not melted, microwave for another minute. This may need to be repeated until ingredients are completely melted (this may also vary based on the wattage of your microwave).
- Water will be cloudy when ingredients have completely melted.
- To the water mixture, add in the 6 oz. Brazil Nut Butter and 5.5 oz. Palm Butter Blend. Gently stir to allow the butter to soften a little in the warm water.
- Using a hand mixer, begin to blend. We blended the lotion on a higher setting. Continue blending until the mixture starts to thicken. This may take several minutes.
- Add 0.5 oz. Vitamin E, 2.5 oz. Mineral oil, 2.5 oz. of Meadowfoam seed oil and 1.5 oz. of Cashmere & Pear Fragrance Oil. Continue blending.
- Check temperature to be sure it is under 176°F. Adding the Optiphen Plus at a higher temperature will inactivate the preservative.
- Add 0.5 oz. Optiphen Plus and continue to blend until the batch thickens.
- Allow lotion to cool. You may need to continue to whip the lotion if it seems a bit runny. Place saran wrap over the bowl to allow cooling for 1-2 hours. Lotion will fluff up!
- Using a spatula, scoop about 5.5 oz. of cream into the 8oz jar. This will also depend on how thick your lotion base gets.
- Label product accordingly.