WARNING: This project and these instructions have been written for someone who has experience making soap and knows the potential dangers due to working with sodium hydroxide. It will not outline all safety methods of working with dangerous chemicals, it is simply a soap recipe for advanced soap makers.
- Infuse Calendula Petals and Chamomile Flowers in the Olive Oil by filling the drawstring bag with Botanicals and tying tightly. Fill the glass jar with Olive Oil and place the bag into the oil. You can allow it to sit infusing in a cool dark place for several days-weeks or heat infuse by placing the jar into a pan with water and keep on stove on low heat for several hours.
- Remove muslin bag from oils and squeeze out any excess oil from bag. Weigh oil, the herbs may absorb some of the oil so if you are short add more Olive Oil to reach the full amount.
- Pour the Lye into the Water. Carefully mix in a well-ventilated area and set aside to cool while you prepare your remaining oils.
- Add all the the Infused Olive Oil, Coconut Oil and Castor Oil to the glass measuring cup and melt in the microwave. Set aside.
- When both the lye mixture and the oils are 120°F or below, pour the lye mixture into the oils. Blend until you reach a thin trace.
- Pour the soap batter into the mold cavities and tap the mold on the counter to release any air bubbles.
- Remove soap from mold after at least 24 hours, or longer, until soap is firm enough.
- Let soap cure 4-6 weeks. Package and label accordingly.
Lather with water onto skin. Rinse off. Avoid contact with eyes.