- NOTE: If you are making these products for sale, good manufacturing practices recommend you wear a hairnet, gloves and a mask. We also recommend a clean apron.
- Pour 12 oz. of champagne into a heat safe pan. Bring to a boil, then simmer for 10 minutes. This will remove any alcohol content in the champagne. Any brand of champagne is fine to use. You may lose some of the champagne while simmering. You will need 6 oz. for the recipe so this will allow for any burn off.
- Remove from heat after 10 minutes and let cool.
- In a microwave-safe container, add 1.92 oz. Emulsifying Wax, 0.64 oz. Stearic Acid along with 3.84 oz. of Olive Oil and 1.60 oz. Grape Seed Oil.
- Place in microwave and heat until the waxes have completely melted.
- Add 0.64 oz. Acai Butter to warm oil mixture and stir until butter has melted.
- To a large glass mixing bowl, add 12.40 oz. of warm water and the cooled champagne.
- Slowly pour the oil mixture into the water/champagne mixture. The mixture will turn white and get clumpy.
- Using a stick blender, begin to blend until lotion starts to thicken.
- Add 0.32 oz. Dimethicone, 0.32 oz. Vitamin E, 19 ml fragrance oil and (4) 0.15 ml micro size scoops of gold mica powder and continue to blend until the lotion completely thickens.
- When the lotion has cooled to below 140º F, add 0.32 oz. Germaben II and blend.
- Place jar on scale and tare to zero. Fill to 7.0 oz. by weight. Fill remaining 3 jars. If any lotion remains, divide this between the 4 jars. Be sure to note the weight so this can be noted on the label.
- Place lid on jar.
- Label product accordingly.