RECIPE: Cherry Blossom Swirl MP Soap
Just like Washington D.C.'s famous cherry blossoms, this melt and pour soap creation explodes with color and fragrance. But, unlike the short-lived blooms, the creamy lather and sweet floral aroma of these soaps will go on and on.
Project Level: Easy
Estimated Time: 1/2 Hour
Yield: 4 - 5 oz. Bars
INCI Ingredient Label: Propylene Glycol, Sorbitol, Water, Sodium Stearate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Myristate, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Glycerin, Titanium Dioxide, Fragrance, Benzophenone-4, Triethanolamine, Tetrasodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Red 33, Red 40.
- NOTE: If you are making these products for sale, good manufacturing practices recommend you wear a hairnet, gloves and a mask. We also recommend a clean apron and workspace.
- In a plastic beaker, mix 1 oz. of Cherry Blossom Fragrance Oil with 0.5 oz. of Vanilla Color Stabilizer for MP Soap. Set aside.
- Weigh and cut up 20 oz. of Premium Ultra White Soap Base and place in a glass measuring cup.
- Melt the soap in the microwave on 30 second intervals until it has completely melted.
- Add the fragrance/stabilizer mixture to melted soap and mix well.
- Place the silicone mold on a cookie sheet for stability.
- Using the Santa Red Liquid Color, randomly place drops of color directly into the bottom of each soap cavity. Add a few drops, 2-3, or as many as 6-7.
- Let soap cool to about 130°F then pour soap directly into each soap cavity.
- Using the straight end of a spoon or a popsicle stick, slightly swirl soap and color. Be sure to touch the bottom of the mold to move the color around but not too much so that the soap and color aren't entirely mixed.
- Spritz the top with alcohol to remove any surface bubbles. This may also move some of the color around creating different patterns.
- Let set until soap has completely hardened. Then remove from mold.
- Each bar you make will be unique because the color patterns will always be different.
- Wrap soap in plastic wrap so that it is airtight then place in a white soap box.
- Label product accordingly.
Wholesale Supplies Plus is not responsible for the products you create
from our supplies. You alone are responsible for product and recipe
testing to ensure compatibility and safety.