RECIPE: Chocolate Mint Marshmallow Floating MP Soaps
You will never again search for your soap on the bottom of the tub. These light and airy "marshmallow" soaps actually float on top of the water! The minty fresh scent will keep you feeling fresh and clean all day!
Project Level: Easy
Estimated Time: 1/2 Hour
Yield: (48) Marshmallow Soaps
INCI Ingredient Label: Propylene Glycol, Sorbitol, Water, Sodium Stearate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Myristate, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Cocamide MEA, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Methylparaben, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Citric Acid, Sodium Chloride, Glycerin, Fragrance, Titanium Dioxide, Benzophenone-4, Triethanolamine, Tetrasodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Green 5, Yellow 5.
- NOTE: If you are making these products for sale, good manufacturing practices recommend you wear a hairnet, gloves and a mask. We also recommend a clean apron.
- Weigh 24 oz. of Ultra White MP Soap Base and cut up into smaller chunks. Place in microwave and heat until the soap has melted.
- Add 4.5 oz. of Crystal Clear Shower Gel.
- In a plastic beaker, mix 21.5 ml White Chocolate Cake Fragrance Oil, 1.5 ml of Spearmint Essential Oil and 11 ml of the Vanilla Color Stabilizer - MP Soap. Mix well.
- Add this fragrance mixture to the melted soap and stir to incorporate well.
- Separate soap equally into 2 larger bowls.
- To one bowl, add 15 drops of the Stained Glass Forest Green Liquid Color and mix well.
- Using the hand mixer (with whisk attachment if available), start to whip on medium speed. Work quickly as this will whip up very fast and begin to harden as it cools. The whisk attachment will help to add air into the soap to make them fluffier.
- Once the soap starts to thicken, pour half of the green whipped soap into the plastic tray mold.
- Start whipping the white soap in the second bowl in the same manner. Pour this soap over the first layer of green in random areas.
- Pour the remaining green soap over the top and smooth it out. Allow soap to harden (putting in the freezer will help set up more quickly).
- Unmold and cut along the indents (perforations) in the soap. Cut each rectangle into 4 "marshmallow" pieces.
- Let soap set out on a cookie sheet to harden.
- Package as desired. One suggestion would be to place 4 pieces in a cello bag and tied with a green ribbon.
- Label accordingly.
Wholesale Supplies Plus is not responsible for the products you create
from our supplies. You alone are responsible for product and recipe
testing to ensure compatibility and safety.