RECIPE: Citrus Sunset Loaf Soap
The blending of these light citrus colors are inspired by the sunset on a summer's night!
Project Level: Moderate
Estimated Time: 1 Hour
Yield: 8 - 1 inch slices
INCI Ingredient Label: Sodium Cocoate, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Stearate, Glycerin, Water, Sorbitol, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Seed Butter, Mangifera Indica (Mango) Seed Butter, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Myristate, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Fragrance, Titanium Dioxide, Spa Salts, Mica (and) Titanium Dioxide (and) Red 7 Lake (and) Hydrogenated Polyisobutene (and) Palmitic Acid (and) Phenoxyethanol (and) Benzoic Acid, Polyethylene Terephthalate, Polyurethane 33.
- NOTE: If you are making these products for sale, good manufacturing practices recommend you wear a hairnet, gloves and a mask. We also recommend a clean apron
- Mix 2 teaspoons of glycerin and 1/2 teaspoon of red orange locking mica powder. Mix well with Mini-Mixer to blend powder into liquid. Set aside.
- BOTTOM LAYER: Measure out 7.4 oz. of Extra Clear Soap and 3.6 oz. of Detergent Free Three Butter Soap. Cut into chunks and place in a large glass bowl. Heat in microwave for 30 seconds. Remove and stir. If necessary continue in 20 second intervals until all soap has melted.
- Add the color mixture into the melted soap. Add 8 ml. of fragrance oil, using the dropper, and stir to blend in. Pour soap into loaf mold and spritz soap with rubbing alcohol. Let soap harden.
- Mix 1 tsp. of glycerin and 1/4 tsp. red orange oil locking mica and blend well with mini-mixer. Set aside.
- Weigh 3.6 oz. Extra Clear soap and 7.4 oz. Detergent Free Three Butter Soap. Again, cut into chunks and heat in microwave until melted.
- Add color mixture into the melted soap and add 8 ml. of the fragrance using the dropper. Stir to blend in.
- Spritz the solid layer of soap well with rubbing alcohol. When soap temperature is at or below 130°F, pour second layer into mold. Spritz with alcohol and let harden.
- Mix 1/2 tsp. of glycerin and 1/8 tsp. of red orange locking mica powder. Mix well with mini-mixer and set aside.
- Weigh 12 oz. of Three Butter Soap and cut into chunks. Heat in microwave until soap has completely melted.
- Add color mixture into the melted soap and add 8 ml. of the fragrance using the dropper. Stir to blend in. Pour .5 oz. of this melted soap into a small container to use in next layer.
- Spritz the solid layer of soap well with rubbing alcohol. When soap temperature is at or below 130°F, pour third layer into mold. Spritz with alcohol and let harden.
- TOP LAYER: Weigh 11oz. Three Butter Soap. Add reserved .5oz. soap from previous layer and heat in microwave until melted. Add 8ml. of fragrance to this layer and stir.
- As above, check soap temperature, spritz layer of soap with alcohol and pour final layer into mold. Let soap harden.
- Mix 1 Tbsp. Spa Salts and 1/2 tsp. red orange glitter. Melt .5oz. of clear soap. Spritz top layer with alcohol and drizzle melted soap over top of loaf. Immediately sprinkle salt mixture over and let harden.
- When soap has completely set up, remove from mold and slice. Package as desired.
Wholesale Supplies Plus is not responsible for the products you create
from our supplies. You alone are responsible for product and recipe
testing to ensure compatibility and safety.