- NOTE: If you are making these products for sale, good manufacturing practices recommend you wear a hairnet, gloves and a mask. We also recommend a clean apron.
- YOU MUST USE A LASER PRINTER TO PRINT ON THE EMBED PAPER.
- Using the template in the Learning Library, print your "Class of 2013" for the soap on the embed paper. Here is the link: http://www.wholesalesuppliesplus.com/PDFS/Labels/Class_of_2016.pdf
- Once printed, cut out each picture around the black border.
- Place silicone mold on cookie sheet. This will add stability if the mold needs to be moved.
- Weigh 3 oz. of Crystal Clear soap and cut up into chunks. Place in glass measuring cup and heat in microwave just until melted.
- Pour soap into bottom of all 6 soap cavities - just enough to cover the bottom of each. Gently pick up mold to move soap around to get into all the corners.
- Let soap harden.
- If soap hardens for next step, reheat slightly to repour.
- Spritz first soap layer with alcohol. Pour a very thin layer of soap into one cavity. Immediately place one picture upside-down into soap. Try to position so picture is in the middle of the cavity.
- Continue with each cavity until all the pictures have been embedded. Let soap set up.
- This fragrance contains 3.6% vanilla which may brown the soap over time. Because of this, Vanilla Color Stabilizer is included in this recipe.
- In a plastic beaker, mix 1 oz. (30 ml or 2 Tablespoons) of Confetti Cake fragrance oil with .5 oz (15 ml or 1 Tablespoon) of Vanilla Color Stabilizer. Mix well and set aside.
- Weigh and cup up 12 oz. of Basic White soap base. Heat in microwave until melted.
- Add 10 ml (2 tsp) of the fragrance oil mixture and blend into soap.
- Spritz top of soap in mold with rubbing alcohol. Before pouring white soap, check that temperature is at or below 125°F. Pour about 2 oz. of soap into each cavity. Let harden.
- For top layer, cut up entire 2 lb. tray of Basic Clear soap. Remove one blue color cube from clamshell. Cut this in half and place 1/2 of cube in with clear soap chunks.
- Place glass cup in microwave and heat until melted. Remove and stir until blue color is completely blended into the soap.
- Add .75 oz. (24 ml or 4 tsp) of fragrance oil mixture to blue soap and mix well.
- Spritz top of white soap with alcohol. Check soap temperature before pouring to be sure it is below 125°F.
- Pour blue soap over the white until all 6 cavities have been completely filled. Spritz again with alcohol to release any surface air bubbles.
- Once soap has completely hardened, carefully remove soaps from mold. Cover tightly with saran wrap or shrink wrap bars. Or, place in clear cello bags and tie with coordinating ribbons.
- Customize bars with your school colors.
- If selling, label soaps according to FDA guidelines.