- NOTE: If you are making these products for sale, good manufacturing practices recommend you wear a hairnet, gloves and a mask. We also recommend a clean apron and workspace.
- Cover a jelly roll pan with plastic wrap and set aside.
- Weigh 20 oz. of Basic Clear MP Soap Base. Cut into small chunks and place in heat/microwave safe measuring cup. Heat in microwave in 30 second intervals until the soap is completely melted.
- Add 12 ml Hawaiian Coconut Fragrance Oil and 1/2 teaspoon of Chocolate Brown Mica Powder and mix well.
- Pour brown soap into the lined jelly roll pan and spritz the top with rubbing alcohol to pop any surface bubbles. Set aside to cool.
- Once cooled, remove soap from jelly roll pan and peel away the plastic wrap. Cut into 12 strips measuring 1.25" W by 8.75" L. While the soap is still warm, curl strips smooth side out and place into the 6 cavities of the Round Silicone Mold to hold their shape. Place mold in freezer for 10 minutes to set up then repeat with the remaining 6 strips. If the strips are not molded early, they will crack if molded later on in recipe.
- Weigh 1 oz. of white soap. Grate into shreds. Place white shreds into the open spaces of each luffa slice.
- Place the Round Silicone Mold on a jelly roll pan for stability. Place one luffa slice with white soap into each cavity and set aside. (*Note: Since the luffa slices vary in diameter, you may need to trim your luffa slices or cut them in half before use. If they are too stiff to shape, you can soak them in water, shape them and leave them out to dry overnight before you start.)
- Weigh 28 oz. of Basic Clear MP Soap. Cut into small chunks and place in heat/microwave safe measuring cup. Heat in microwave in 30 second intervals until the soap is completely melted.
- Add 17 ml of Hawaiian Coconut Fragrance Oil and stir well.
- Once the melted soap reaches a temperature of 160°F, you are ready to begin. Your melted soap needs to be between 150°-160°F in order to gently melt the white soap shreds to create the coconut bloom in your finished soap.
- Working with one soap cavity at a time spritz the luffa, white soap shreds and one molded brown strip with alcohol.
- Pour melted clear soap into the first cavity over the luffa and white shreds filling only 3/4 of the way. Gently fit molded brown strip into cavity around the luffa slice. (*Note: We found that a plastic knife helped to move the luffa into place.) Spritz top with alcohol.
- Repeat with remaining 5 cavities. If the soap cools, simply microwave for 30 seconds to bring the temperature back up to 150°-160°F. Let soap completely harden after all 6 soaps have been poured.
- Once soaps have completely set up, carefully remove from mold. Wrap tightly with clear plastic wrap and label accordingly.
- Repeat steps 9-14 with remaining supplies to complete all 12 bars of soap.