- NOTE: If you are making these products for sale, good manufacturing practices recommend you wear a hairnet, gloves and a mask. We also recommend a clean apron.
- Place the silicone loaf mold on a cookie sheet. This will give the mold stability should it need to be moved.
- Weigh 40 oz. of the Coconut Milk Soap Base. Cut into small chunks and place in a large glass measuring bowl.
- Place in microwave and heat for short bursts until soap has completely melted. DO NOT BOIL. Take out and stir soap to be sure it is completely melted.
- In a small beaker or container, measure 1 oz. and 7 ml of fragrance oil. In a separate container measure 0.5 oz. and 3.5 ml of Vanilla Color Stabilizer. Mix well and allow to sit for 2 minutes. Do not store product. Must be used within 15 minutes of mixing.
- Add fragrance/stabilizer mixture to melted soap. Stir or gently whisk until well-blended into melted soap.
- Add 7 drops of Stained Glass Sea Blue-Green Liquid Color and 5 drops of Stained Glass Forest Green Liquid Color. Mix well.
- Place a bowl on top of a digital scale and tare to zero. Pour 16 oz. of colored soap into bowl. Add 8 Tbsp. of luffa powder to the 16 oz. of soap and mix well. Pour into loaf mold and let set up. Cover remaining melted soap.
- We allowed the poured soap to start to harden. Using a spatula, we then shaped this soap so that it had a more uneven top.
- When you are happy with this layer, spritz with rubbing alcohol and cover with remaining soap. Allow this to form a thin skin then top with Bath Water Crystals.
- Allow to set up at room temperature. Once the soap is set up, unmold, slice and wrap immediately. Label soap accordingly.