- NOTE: If you are making these products for sale, good manufacturing practices recommend you wear a hairnet, gloves and a mask. We also recommend a clean apron.
- Weigh 8 oz. Cocoa Butter and 4 oz. Jojoba Butter. Place in pan to melt either on stove top or in a double boiler.
- When completely melted, turn off heat.
- Add 5.5 ml Polysorbate 80 and mix well.
- Add 1.5 ml of Blue Lotus Spa Fragrance Oil and 1.5 teaspoons of Cornflower Petals and stir.
- Remove from stove and let mixture cool for about 20 minutes then stir mixture before pouring to mix Cornflower Petals well.
- Place silicone mold on a jelly roll pan to give it stability.
- Pour mixture into each cavity of the Round Ball 1 1/4" Silicone Soap Mold being sure to pour to the top. Stir a few times during the pour to keep Cornflower Petals blended in. There will be remaning product after all cavities have been filled. This will be remelted and poured after the first batch has hardened.
- Once mold is filled with product, place mold with jelly roll pan into the freezer to completely harden. This may take 2-3 hours to set up.
- When hardened, remove from mold and set out on wax paper to return to room temperature.
- Remelt remaining product and pour into molds. Mixture should yield approximately 25 bath melts.
- To package, we used the White Arched Lip Tube Diplay Boxes. Cut the top flap off the box and line the bottom with either wax paper or parchment paper. Place 6 bath melts into the box. If you prefer, cover the top of the box with saran wrap. Place box into the 5" x 3" x 11.5" cello bag and tie the top of the bag with blue curling ribbon and raffia to finish it off. You may have one bath melt remaining which you can use for a sample.
- NOTE: Bath melts are soft and can melt in warmer temperatures. If selling in warmer climates at a show, we recommend keeping the melts in a cooler and having a sample out on your table.
- ADDITIONAL NOTE: Bath melts can make your tub slippery. Please put a note on your label to be sure to use a bath mat in the tub.