RECIPE: Cranberry Thumbprint Cookie Bath Tarts
Dissolve 1-2 bath cookies under running water and they will fill the water with skin softening and detoxifying properties.
Project Level: Difficult
Estimated Time: 1 Hour
Yield: Approx. 50 bath cookie tarts
INCI Ingredient Label: Sodium Bicarbonate, Citric Acid, Kaolin, Fragrance, Propylene Glycol, Sorbitol, Water, Sodium Stearate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Myristate, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Triethanolamine, Glycerin, Benzophenone-4, Tetrasodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Red 33, Red 40, Iron Oxides.
- NOTE: If you are making these products for sale, good manufacturing practices recommend you wear a hairnet, gloves and a mask. We also recommend a clean apron.
- In a small glass or plastic beaker, measure 1 oz. of fragrance and 1 oz. of Vanilla Color Stabilizer. Stir well and set aside.
- Measure the baking soda, citric acid and clay and place into a glass mixing bowl.
- Mix powders together. Use a wire whisk, fork, or a sifter to break up any clumps so the mixture will be smooth.
- Add 1/4 teaspoon of Matte Brown Pigment Powder and mix well.
- Add the fragrance/stabilizer mixture to the dry mix. Using a plastic dropper, add fragrance oil by drizzling into different areas of the mixture. Do not pour all of fragrance into one location in the bowl.
- Using a whisk or fork, mix well by breaking up lumps of fragrance oil.
- Once mixture is free of clumps, begin to spray with rubbing alcohol. Using gloved hands, toss the mixture while it is being sprayed.
- Once mixture is just moist enough to stay together when pressed, it is ready to be molded.
- Note: This step is easy to check by taking a tablespoon of the mixture and squeezing it in the hand. If it falls apart, then you need to continue to spray and mix. Make sure you are wearing gloves for this part of the recipe.
- Using the Small Squeeze Handled Scoop, form cookies (approximately 1-2 Tablespoons) and place on a cookie sheet. Then press your thumb into the ball to form a thumbprint cookie shape.
- Allow to sit 6-12 hours. Once the fizzies are firm you are ready to add the "cranberry jam".
- Cranberry Jam Filling: Melt 4 oz of soap. Add Stained Glass Santa Red Liquid color until you have a nice deep cranberry color.
- Let the soap cool to 120° before pouring.If soap is hotter, it may cause the cookies to start fizzing.
- Pour soap into the thumb print cavities of each fizzie. You may need to pour a second time to fill the cavities as some of the soap may run off the sides.
- Let sit for 30 minutes before packaging. Depending on size of fizzies, recipe should yield approx 48-50.
- Packaging Suggestion: Place 4-6 fizzies in a cello bag and tie with ribbon or raffia. Label product accordingly.
- TO USE: Place 1-2 fizzies under running water in bath. Cookie will fizz and dissolve into bath water.
Wholesale Supplies Plus is not responsible for the products you create
from our supplies. You alone are responsible for product and recipe
testing to ensure compatibility and safety.