RECIPE: Debbie May's Best Soap Frosting
This soap frosting can be used to decorate soap cupcakes, bath bombs, etc. Use your imagination to come up with different ways to enhance your products. Ready to package within 24 hours of making.
Project Level: Moderate
Estimated Time: 1 Hour
Yield: Frosting for 12-16 Cupcakes
INCI Ingredient Label: Propylene Glycol, Sorbitol, Glycerin, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Stearate, Sodium Myristate, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Water, Disodium Lauryl sulfosuccinate, Stearic Acid, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Sodium Chloride, Diazolidinyl Urea (and) Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Triethanolamine, Titanium Dioxide, Fragrance.
- NOTE: If you are making these products for sale, good manufacturing practices recommend you wear a hairnet, gloves and a mask. We also recommend a clean apron.
- Cut up 1 lb. of white soap into chunks and place in a large, deep glass bowl.
- Place in microwave and heat soap until melted, about 1 minute. If not completely melted, continue in 15 second intervals. Do not overheat.
- To melted soap, add 3 oz. of shea butter. Stir until butter has completely dissolved into melted soap. If needed, place in microwave and heat a little more until melted.
- Place separate glass bowl on digital scale and tare. Add 1 lb. of foaming bath whip to bowl.
- Add bath whip to melted soap/butter mixture and gently stir in. Bath whip will not completely melt but will soften and break up into smaller pieces.
- On slow speed, start mixing with hand mixer. It is best to use a deep bowl as the soap will splatter very easily.
- Once the soap starts to thicken, turn off mixer.
- Add 2 oz. of glycerin and 1 oz. of fragrance.
- Start mixing again. If mixture starts to thicken and collect on beaters, turn off mixer, remove soap from beaters and add back to bowl.
- On medium to high, quickly whip mixture for about 15 seconds until it is thickens.
- If the frosting seems too thin, place bowl in refrigerator for about 10 minutes. Do not whip again. Spoon into decorator pro or pastry bag and decorate cupcakes.
- Working quickly, fill Decorator Pro or pastry bag with frosting to embellish your soap.
- Let product sit for about 24 hours to completely harden. Your soap will then be ready to package.
- Should your frosting start to harden up a bit before you have finished piping, whip slightly with hand mixer to soften it.
- NOTE: To color your frosting, add small amount of liquid dye after adding glycerin and fragrance. Liquid dye can thin out product if too much is used. Powder dyes can also be used.
- NOTE: Unused product can be kept in air-tight container. When ready to use, whip with hand mixer to desired consistency. Product can also be heated slightly to soften.
Wholesale Supplies Plus is not responsible for the products you create
from our supplies. You alone are responsible for product and recipe
testing to ensure compatibility and safety.