- NOTE: If you are making these products for sale, good manufacturing practices recommend you wear a hairnet, gloves and a mask. We also recommend a clean apron and workspace.
- In 3 small bowls measure out 1.5 ounces Cupuacu butter, 0.5 ounces of coconut oil-fractionated and 3 ounces of conditioner concentrate.
- In the beaker measure out 0.5 ounces of Shea and Coconut Fragrance Oil and set aside for later use.
- Fill large glass Pyrex bowl with 32 ounces of water. Pour in the 3 ounces of conditioner concentrate to the water.
- Heat in microwave for 4 minutes. Take out and stir. Return to microwave and heat for another 2 minutes. It may take 6-7 minutes for conditioner pellets to completely dissolve.
- Take hand mixer or stick blender and blend product for around 15 seconds to be sure product is completely dissolved.
- Add 1.5 oz of Cupuacu butter, stir and let dissolve into hot concentrated mixture. Let butter melt naturally.
- Add the 0.5 ounces of Coconut Oil, 6 ml. Vitamin E, and 6 ml. Silk Amino Acid. Blend with hand mixer until the product begins to thicken.
- Add 12 ml. of Optiphen Plus preservative and the Shea and Coconut fragrance oil from Step 3.
- Blend with hand mixer until product is completely blended.
- Cover and allow product to cool and thicken 12 to 24 hours.
- Placing an empty jar on a scale, tare to zero. Scoop about 3 ounces of product into the 4 ounce jar. Continue until all 11 jars are filled.
- Let product cool completely before capping. Product will thicken as it cools.
- This product is very versatile. If you have thin/fine hair you may want to use this as a pre- conditioning hair mask. For thick/course hair you can use as a deep conditioning mask.