- NOTE: If you are making these products for sale, good manufacturing practices recommend you wear a hairnet, gloves and a mask. We also recommend a clean apron.
- Measure 2 tablespoons of oat scrub and place in a food processor. Grind up oats until they are a powdery consistency. Some oats may not be completely ground up. This is fine. Set aside.
- Weigh 12 oz. of Detergent Free Baby Buttermilk soap. Cut up into chunks and place in large glass measuring cup.
- Place in microwave and heat until soap has completely melted. Remove and stir to be sure all the soap has melted.
- In a small bowl, mix 7 ml (1.5 tsp.) of Mid Chain Triglycerides Liquid and 0.20 oz. (1.5 tsp.) lathanol powder together. (We suggest using a mask for this step as the lathanol powder is very fine.)
- Using a wire whisk, mix ingredients until lathanol powder has completely blended in and there are no clumps.
- To the melted soap, add lathanol/triglycerides mixture and blend in.
- When soap starts to thicken slightly, add oat scrub and 2.5 ml of Lemongrass Essential Oil. Gently blend to incorporate ingredients.
- Let soap thicken a little longer so the oat scrub will suspend in the soap.
- Mix one more time before pouring into mold. Spritz the top of the soap with alcohol to release any air bubbles.
- After about 5 minutes, place mold in the freezer for about 15 minutes. This will help the soap unmold easier from the plastic soap tray.
- Repeat above steps 1.5 times to make remaining 3 bars of soap.
- This soap has a PH of 7 which is best suited for dogs.
- To package, place in cello bag and tie with raffia or with paw print ribbon from your local craft store.