- NOTE: If you are making these products for sale, good manufacturing practices recommend that you wear a hairnet, gloves and a mask. We also recommend a clean apron.
- Weigh out the shea butter and coconut oil into a microwave-safe container. Using a spoon, chunk up the shea butter into small chunks.
- Heat in microwave for 1 minute. You want to soften, but not melt the butter.
- Place shea butter and coconut oil into the stand-mixing bowl. Add Vitamin E and Peppermint Essential Oil.
- Mix on high for about 10 minutes. The volume will double in size. Turn off and scrape every 5 minutes.
- Once fluffy and light, product is ready to put into jars.
- Place an empty container onto your scale and tare to zero.
- Using a spoon or spatula, fill jars with product until the scale reaches 4 ounces. Do not use a piping bag as this will flatten the mixture by squeezing the air out of the whipped product.
- Wipe container sides with alcohol to remove any excess product and secure the lids.
- Label product accordingly.