RECIPE: Facial Exfoliating Scrub and Moisturizer Set
You and your bridal party will love pampering yourselves with these facial products. Gently exfoliate your face with the Pink Salt and Sugar Face Scrub which will leave your skin feeling refreshed, smooth and renewed. Follow this with the light face cream made with skin moisturizing Cupuacu Butter.
Project Level: Moderate
Estimated Time: 1 Hour
Yield: 11 Sets (5 oz. Scrub + 3.25 oz. Moisturizer)
INCI Ingredient Label: SCRUB: Coconut Oil, Sorbitol, Himalayan Sea Salt, Sugar, Propylene Glycol, Safflower Oil, Stearic Acid, Water, Sodium Hydroxide, Glycerin, Shea Butter, Titanium Dioxide, Vitamin E, Fragrance. FACE CREAM: Water, Cupacua Butter, Vanilla Bean Water, Emulsifying Wax, Jojoba Oil, Vitamin E, Silk Amino Acids, Fragrance, Optiphen Plus.
NOTE: If you are making these products for sale, good manufacturing practices recommend you wear a hairnet, gloves and a mask. We also recommend a clean apron.FACIAL EXFOLIATING SCRUB
- Weigh and cut up 12 oz. of Detergent Free Shea Butter MP Soap Base and place in large glass bowl. Heat in microwave until soap has completely melted.
- Add 16 oz. of Coconut Oil (if solid in bottle, place in hot water to liquify). Stir oil into melted soap.
- Place in refrigerator to cool and slightly solidify.
- Remove and gently stir mixture in bowl. With a hand mixer, mix soap/oil mixture together to create a smooth base for the salts/sugars. This should also thicken up the mixture.
- Add 12 oz. of Pink Salts and 12 oz. of White Sugar. Mix well with large spoon or spatula to incorporate, the mixture will be very thick.
- Mix in 4 oz. of Safflower Oil, 0.20 oz. of Vitamin E and 0.25 oz. of fragrance oil. Stir well until all ingredients are blended.
- Place empty jar on scale and tare to zero. Fill each jar with 5 oz. of scrub.
- Label product accordingly.
- Heat 3 oz. Cupuacu Butter, 1 oz. Jojoba Oil and 1.5 oz. Emulsifying Wax in microwave until wax has completely melted.
- To a separate bowl add 30 oz. Distilled Water and 2 oz. Vanilla Hydrosol. Stir.
- Pour water into warmed oils and wax.
- Blend with stick blender until mixture starts to thicken. If necessary, place bowl into refrigerator for about 30 minutes to thicken up product.
- Stick blend again for about 1 minute and then add 0.25 oz. Silk Amino Acids, 0.50 oz. Vitamin E, 0.25 oz. fragrance and 5 ml Optiphen Plus. Blend again for 1-2 minutes until mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Place airless pump bottle on scale and tare to zero. Fill each bottle with 3.25 oz. of product, repeat until all bottles are filled.
- When product has cooled, place caps on bottles. Label product accordingly.
Gently rub into face and neck area after using facial scrub. Lotion is light enough to also wear under makeup. TO PACKAGE:
Place one facial exfoliating scrub and one facial moisturizer into organza bag.
Wholesale Supplies Plus is not responsible for the products you create
from our supplies. You alone are responsible for product and recipe
testing to ensure compatibility and safety.