- NOTE: If you are making these products for sale, good manufacturing practices recommend you wear a hairnet, gloves and a mask. We also recommend a clean apron.
- Remove soap from 2 lb. plastic tray. Cut off 1/2 of soap, or 16 oz.
- Cut soap into small chunks and place in glass measuring cup.
- Place cup in microwave and heat soap until completely melted. DO NOT BOIL. Remove from oven.
- Stir soap gently to be sure all soap is melted.
- Add .5 oz. or 1 Tablespoon of poppy seeds. Gently stir. Seeds are very light and should suspend well in soap.
- Add .5 oz. or 1 Tablespoon of Lemon Essential Oil. Gently mix into soap.
- Let soap set for about 5 minutes. As the soap cools, it will thicken and better suspend the seeds.
- Stir soap gently, then pour evenly into the 3 cavities in soap mold.
- Let soap set for about 10 minutes, then place in freezer for about 20 minutes until soap has completely hardened. Freezing will help with removing soap from mold.
- Once set has been removed from freezer, gently press on bottom of soap cavity to release soap from mold.
- Repeat directions to make remaining 3 soap bars. When soaps are finished, wrap and label accordingly.
- NOTE: Glycerin soaps (MP soap) must be tightly wrapped to keep moisture away from soaps. Inexpensive plastic wrap or shrink wrap bags work well for this purpose.