- NOTE: If you are making these products for sale, good manufacturing practices recommend you wear a hairnet, gloves and a mask. We also recommend a clean apron.
- Weigh individual ingredients and place in holding containers. Note: Preparing this ahead of time will allow you to work faster and give less heat exposure to your ingredients.
- Using the melting pot on direct medium heat, melt the candillila wax and lotion bar additive.
- Once fully melted add the shea butter and fully melt.
- Once fully melted add the jojoba and aloe vera oils. Heat until liquid becomes clear.
- Remove from heat.
- Using a whisk, slowly add Slick Fix until fully incorporated.
- Add Vitamin E and fragrance oil. Mix well.
- Place lotion bar containers on the jelly roll pan. This will allow you to safely move them to a different location while cooling. This pan will also contain any inadvertant spills.
- Pour into lotion bar containers and allow to cool (with lid off) until the entire bar becomes solid and returns to room temperature.
- When bars are completely solid and at room temperature, apply the lid and label according to the FDA Cosmetic Labeling Guidelines. Note: Include a warning on this product - Caution: Following application, feet may be slippery.