NOTE: If you are making these products for sale, good manufacturing practices recommend you wear a hairnet, gloves and a mask. We also recommend a clean apron.
- In large glass bowl, blend 8 oz. citric acid with 16 oz. baking soda.
- Add 2 oz. White Kaolin Clay. Blend all ingredients together well. Break up any clumps with fork or a wire whisk.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon Yellow Bath Bomb powder and blend in well.
- Place Flower Silicone Mold on cookie sheet or countertop covered with newspaper. Sprinkle about 1 teaspoon of rose petals into bottom of each cavity.
- Drizzle 18 ml of fragrance over mixture. Do not put all fragrance in one spot but drizzle all over ingredients.
- Mix well with wire whisk to blend in fragrance oil.
- With gloved hands, begin to spritz mixture with rubbing alcohol. Spritz with one hand and mix with the other.
- To test readiness of bath fizzies, take small amount of mixture and close into the palm of your hand. If mixture sticks together, it is ready. If not, continue spritzing a little more with rubbing alcohol.
- Press mixture into the bottom of each flower cavity. Gently press down on rose petals. These will be embedded into the top of the bath fizzy when unmolded.
- Press mixture firmly down into each cavity so it will all stick together. Fill until mixure reaches the top. Smooth out and brush away any excess.
- Work quickly to fill cavities. If mixture starts to dry out, spritz more with rubbing alcohol.
- Let bath fizzies set up for at least 1 hour. When ready, gently turn over and holding hand over first cavity, gently press on bottom releasing the flower. Place on cookie sheet for another hour to completely harden.
- If bath fizzies crumble when unmolding, not enough rubbing alcohol was used. Mixture can be reused, spritzing with additional alcohol and pressing back down into mold cavity.
- When all have completely set up, wrap fizzies either with saran wrap or shrink wrap. Then, if desired, place in clear cello bag and tie with coordinating ribbons.
- If making kit, repeat about steps to make second set of 6 bath fizzies.
- Label product accordingly.
- Directions for Use: Break up bath fizzy under warm running water. Ingredients will disperse into bath and rose petals will float on the top.