RECIPE: Foaming Cranberry Hand Soap
This cranberry foaming soap would make a great holiday gift, teacher gift or a nice addition to your holiday craft show.
Project Level: Easy
Estimated Time: 1 Hour
Yield: 16 - 8.5 oz. bottles
INCI Ingredient Label: Water, Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate, Ammonium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamphodiacetate, Cocamide MEA, PEG-80 Glyceryl Cocoate, Aloe Barbadensis, Quaternium-15, Wheat Germ Amino Acids, Fragrance, Citric Acid, Tocopheryl Acetate, Dimethicone, Propylene Glycol, Tetrasodium EDTA, Benzophenone-4, Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Red 33, Red 40.
- E: If you are making these products for sale, good manufacturing practices recommend you wear a hairnet, gloves and a mask. We also recommend a clean apron.
- Into a large glass mixing bowl, pour 64 oz. of the Creamy Hand & Body Wash
- Place in microwave and heat product for about 3 minutes. The product must be warm when mixing with the fragrance.
- Since this is a water-based product, you will need to modify the fragrance oil to make it water soluble.
- For the next step, you will need a digital scale.
- Place small glass bowl on scale and tare. Pour in .64 oz of fragrance. Add 3.20 oz. of FO/EO Modifier or until scale reaches 3.84 oz. Blend well.
- Normal directions for the FO/EO modifier is mixing 4:1 with the fragrance oil. We found this fragrance to need a little extra modifying so we mixed this at a 5:1 ratio.
- Add fragrance oil mixture to the warm hand soap. Gently mix so as not to make too many bubbles.
- Add drops of liquid dye until desired color is achieved.
- Fill eight bottles with product about 3/4 full. You will need to leave room for the foamer top which fits down into the bottle.
- Let product cool completely. Place foamer top onto bottle and screw on tightly.
- Repeat above steps to make the remaining half gallon of product.
Wholesale Supplies Plus is not responsible for the products you create
from our supplies. You alone are responsible for product and recipe
testing to ensure compatibility and safety.