- NOTE: If you are making these products for sale, good manufacturing practices recommend you wear a hairnet, gloves and a mask. We also recommend a clean apron.
- Place 2 silicone molds on a cookie sheet. This will give the molds stability and will also help keep the counter top clean.
- Weigh 4 oz. of Shea Butter-Natural and place in a saucepan on your stove over low heat.
- While the Shea Butter is melting, weigh 3 oz. of Extra Clear Soap Base and heat in a heat safe bowl in the microwave until fully melted.
- Once the Shea Butter is completely melted, remove from the heat and stir in the melted Extra Clear Soap Base.
- Stir 2 tablespoons of Sweet Almond Oil and 20 ml (a little over 0.5 fl. oz.) Frosted Cranberry Fragrance Oil into the melted shea butter and clear soap base. If ingredients begin to solidify, place back on heat source to remelt.
- Empty the 1 lb. bag of Granulated Sugar into a bowl. Break up any clumps with your gloved hands. Pour the melted ingredients into the bowl of sugar. Stir to fully incorporate.
- Add 1 teaspoon of Crimson Red Wine Mica Powder to the mixture and blend well. We used gloved hands to mix the ingredients well.
- Carefully place the mixture into each round cavity pressing down firmly as you fill each one to be sure the mixture is packed tightly. Place molds in the freezer and allow to completely set up (about 1 hour).
- Once the cranberries have set up, turn the mold over and carefully push each sugar scrub out of mold. They will feel a bit sticky, this is normal.
- Empty the 2 oz. bag of sugar into a bowl and roll the cranberries in the sugar until completely coated. Set aside to dry.
- To package, place 6 cranberries in each 8 oz. jar. One jar will have only 5 scrubs.
- Repeat until all 35 sugar scrubs have been packaged. If you would like, you may purchase the 89 mm Press & Seal Liner to seal your jar before capping.
- Label product accordingly.
- TO USE: Moisten the scrub with a little warm water and use to soften rough skin or use over entire body. The sugar is mild enough to be used anywhere.