- NOTE: If you are making these products for sale, good manufacturing practices recommend you wear a hairnet, gloves and a mask. We also recommend a clean apron.
- Lay out all 16 clamshells to make it easy to fill.
- Remove soap from plastic tray of goat milk soap. Cut up 4 oz. (half of 1-8oz. square)and place in glass pyrex cup. Heat in microwave until melted.
- Taking plastic dropper, fill in outline and details of each gingerbread man. This works best when soap is very warm. It will be thinner and easy to work with.
- Keep a cup of warm water by your work area to place dropper in when not using. Squeeze soap out and place in warm water. Be sure to squeeze out any water and bubbles before using again.
- If soap starts to harden before you have finished, place in microwave and heat until soap has remelted.
- Continue until all men have been detailed.
- Cut up 4 oz. clear soap base and place in glass pyrex cup. Heat in microwave until melted.
- Add desired amount of brown mica and mix well.
- Spritz soap outline in clamshell. Carefully pour brown soap in "man" and then spritz again. Be sure soap is no hotter than 125 degrees or it will melt your white soap outline.
- Continue until all clamshells are filled.
- Now melt 16 oz. of goat milk soap (half of 2 lb. soap tray).
- Spritz inside of each clamshell and then pour a thin layer of soap into the mold. The goat milk soap will cover the entire bottom and be about 1/8" thick.
- Let soap set up once all clamshells are filled.
- For the final step, take the second 2 lb. tray of clear soap and cup up the entire block into chunks. Place in large glass pyrex cup and heat in microwave until completely melted.
- To melted soap, add about 1/4-1/2 teaspoon brown mica powder. Mix well.
- Add 1 oz. or 30 ml of Gingerbread fragrance oil and mix well.
- Again, spritz hardened soap inside each clamshell with alcohol.
- Pour brown soap into each clamshell until you reach the top of the mold cavity. If you overpour your soap, the clamshell back will not fit properly.
- Spritz once more with alcohol and let soap harden thoroughly.
- Put back on clamshell, label and your product is ready for sale.