- NOTE: If you are making these products for sale, good manufacturing practices recommend you wear a hairnet, gloves and a mask. We also recommend a clean apron.
- Remove clear soap from plastic tray. Cut off 2 oz from the soap and set aside.
- Cut the rest of the soap into small chunks and place in large glass measuring cup. Set aside.
- Taking the 2 oz. square of clear soap, place in the plastic beaker and melt soap in the microwave.
- Add 1 teaspoon of the ultra sparkle white mica powder. Mix well.
- Using the plastic dropper, pipe the white soap into the outline of the gingerbread man. Try to fill up the lines completely so the brown color does not show through.
- If soap starts to harden, place beaker in microwave and heat for about 5 seconds.
- Place dropper in cup of warm water while remelting the soap. This will keep the soap from hardening while not in use. Be sure to squeeze any excess water from dropper before using.
- While piping in white color, if any bubbles appear, spritz very lightly with alcohol.
- Place glass measuring cup with clear soap chunks into microwave and heat for 1 minute. Remove and stir. Continue to heat in 10-15 second increments if not completely melted. DO NOT BOIL.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon of brown mica powder to clear soap. Mix well.
- In 2nd beaker, add .5 oz or 1 Tablespoon of fragrance.
- Add 2 oz Vanilla Color Stabilizer to fragrance and mix well. Let sit for 2 minutes.
- Add fragrance mixture to brown soap and mix well.
- Apply a fine mist spray of rubbing alcohol to the white soap outline (in the mold). This step will prevent the outline from falling off the soap during the unmolding process.
- When liquid clear brown soap cools to 130º F, carefully ladle the brown sparkle soap into the molds.
- Lightly mist the top of the melted soap with rubbing alcohol. This will cause any bubbles to pop and give your soap a shiny surface.
- The easiest way to unmold soap is to place it in the freezer for about 20 minutes. Remove from freezer and rest for 3-5 minutes. The mold expands as it warms and helps the soap slide out. Turn the mold upside down. Press very lightly if soap does not slide out.
- Once you have unmolded the soaps, remelt remaining soap to make the next 3 gingerbread men.
- The soap is ready to use after unmolding. If you plan to sell your soap, wrap it immediately. Options are plastic wrap, shrink wrap or cello bags. Proper packaging keeps the fragrance strong. Don't forget to label the soap to complete the package. Label according to FDA cosmetic label guidelines.